Assistant Professor of Practice, Choral Music Education
313 Weigel Hall
1866 College Rd
Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Choral Music Education
- Women's Glee Club
- BM, University of Arizona
- MM, Westminster Choir College
Conductor, educator and mezzo-soprano Jordan Saul demonstrates compassionate rigor and social relevance in teaching and engaged programming in performance. As a conductor, Saul emphasizes musical and personal skill building through programming by prioritizing historically underrepresented voices. An advocate of new music, Saul develops performance opportunities for student composers, and magnifies works by women and women of color. Collaborating with artists of diverse media and experience provides rich opportunity for meaningful, lasting impact. Saul has produced programs with the Spelman Glee club, composer B. E. Boykin, former papal organist Sandor Kadar, the band Delta Rae, Project Runway All-Stars alumna Valerie Mayen, and many community and business partners. She teaches clinics, master classes and honor choirs throughout the United States.
As a mezzo-soprano, Saul has been privileged to sing under the batons of Alan Gilbert, Yannick Nézet-Séguin, Daniel Barenboim, Gustavo Dudamel, Ese-Pekka Solonen and Simon Rattle. Such musical perspectives honed in Saul the unwavering belief that pathways to mountaintop musical experiences ought not be reserved for a few, but made accessible to larger communities of people.
At The Ohio State University, she serves as professor of practice for Choral Music Education, conducts the Women’s Glee Club, University Chorus, and advises student organizations and student teachers. Prior to joining the Ohio State School of Music faculty, she was associate director of choral activities and professor of music education at the Conservatory of Music at Baldwin Wallace University. Saul holds degrees from the University of Arizona and Westminster Choir College, and currently serves the community at North Broadway United Methodist Church as director of music in Clintonville, Ohio.
Conference Performances and Presentations
- "Moirai: Sisters of Fate." Invited performance of the BW Treble Choir, 2019 Ohio Music Educators Conference
- "Chiaroscuro." Invited performance of the BW Community Women's Chorus, 2019 Ohio Music Educators Conference
- "Recruit, Rehearse, Retain: Strategies for a Thriving Choral Program.” Invited presentation, 2018 Ohio Music Educators Conference
- "Service Learning: What it is, What it isn’t, How to Do it and Why it Matters." Invited presentation, 2018