Update for the 2021–2022 Academic Year
Our ensembles are committed to providing meaningful and educational experiences. Rehearsals and performances will return to pre-COVID practices (with possible exceptions) and are subject to change as health and safety guidelines evolve throughout the academic year.
We are excited to make music together again!
There are diverse opportunities for small instrumental and vocal ensembles in the School of Music. Contact the appropriate faculty member to learn how to participate.
Note that not all ensembles are offered every semester. Check the Course Catalog and consult with your academic advisor.
- Buckeye Flutes — contact Katherine Borst Jones (MUSIC 2208.99)
- A flute ensemble/choir for non-majors, meeting once a week
- The ensemble performs several times each semester at campus venues
- Double Bass Ensemble — contact Barry Green
- MUSIC 2208.99 (undergraduate) and 7208.99 (graduate)
- Harp Ensemble — contact Jeanne Norton (MUSIC 2208.99)
- African Drumming Ensemble — contact Arved Ashby
- MUSIC 2208.20 (undergraduate) and 7780.20 (graduate)
- Andean Ensemble • contact Michelle Wibbelsman
- MUSIC 2208.22 (undergraduate) and 7780.22 (graduate), 1 credit
- Offered every semester
- Composers Workshop — contact Thomas Wells (MUSIC 5630)