July 10 – 12, 2020
Steinbrenner Band Center, Ohio Stadium
The Marching Band Summer Clinic is an opportunity for high school marching band students to improve their musicianship and marching skills as they contemplate an audition for the Ohio State Marching Band. Under the direction of marching band staff and student leaders, participants learn the music and military-style marching fundamentals used by the Ohio State Marching Band in an encouraging, fun and interactive environment.
Professor Christopher Hoch
Ohio State University Marching Band Director
Eligibility: For students entering grades 10 – 12 in the 2020 – 2021 school year, as well as 2020 high school graduates. Students must have completed at least one year of marching band and must play a brass or percussion instrument.
Instruments: Brass and percussion instruments will be available to be checked out at no additional cost. A few weeks prior to the clinic, those registered who wish to borrow instruments will be provided with a link to complete a request.
Watch for 2020 updates here.
Program fee – commuter: $275 — Tuition, T-shirt, Fri. dinner, Sat. – Sun. lunch and dinner. No housing.
Program fee – resident: $375 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
Dormitory space is limited and traditionally reaches capacity prior to the registration deadline. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis and completion of all registration steps (payment and signed required paperwork).
Daily Schedule Overview — A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Friday — 12 noon to 9:15 p.m.
- Saturday — 8:45 a.m. to 9:15 p.m.
- Sunday — 8:45 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The finale concert (TBA) will take place at the Lincoln Tower Practice Field (between Morrill and Lincoln Towers). This concert is free and open to the public.
- Full registration deadline: June 17
- Limited registration deadline: July 6
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Marching Band Clinic curriculum, contact Christopher Hoch at email@example.com or call 614-292-2598.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.