June 2 – 5, 2019
Double reed instruments are unique and require special musical skills. The Double Reed Camp at Ohio State is designed to help high school double reed musicians tackle these skills in a relaxed and collaborative environment. Students will engage in activities that address the fundamental elements of good tone production, overcoming technical obstacles, essentials of reed-making and effective interpretation of music. They will participate in private, small-group and large-ensemble instruction, meet fellow musicians from around the state and enjoy the college experience on the Ohio State campus.
Eligibility: For students entering grades 9 – 12 in the 2019 – 2020 school year, as well as 2019 high school graduates.
Program fee – commuter: $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
Program fee – resident: $475 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
Daily Schedule Overview — A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Sunday — 2:30 p.m. (mandatory orientation) to approx. 9 p.m.
- Monday–Tuesday — 9:30 a.m. to approx. 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday — 9:30 a.m. start; concert at 2:30 p.m.
- Full registration deadline: May 8, 2019
- Limited registration deadline: May 29, 2019
Registration for Double Reed Camp 2019 is CLOSED.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding the Double Reed curriculum, contact Karen Pierson (bassoon) at email@example.com / 614-292-4619; or Robert Sorton (oboe) at firstname.lastname@example.org / 614-292-4620.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.