Wednesday – Saturday, June 14 – 17
Jazz Camp provides high school musicians with an up-close view of the jazz studies program at Ohio State. Students will play in both a big band and jazz combo, participate in master classes with Ohio State jazz studies faculty, and enjoy sessions covering topics such as jazz history, jazz theory, jazz improvisation and a survey of the music industry. The program concludes with a finale concert where the big bands and combos will perform for family and friends.
Ohio State Jazz Faculty
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 10–12 in the 2023–2024 school year and 2023 high school graduates; must have at least one year of experience playing in a school jazz ensemble.
- Resident option closed. $495 — Tuition, T-shirt, housing with three meals per day.
- Commuter $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 35
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email confirming the transaction.
DEADLINE — Monday, June 5 (Commuters). Resident option is no longer available. Registration is closed.
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac).
MAC USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the DocuSign deadline in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be provided. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding curriculum, email Professor Michael Smith at email@example.com.
- For questions about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.