Wednesday, June 29 – Saturday, July 2
Jazz Camp provides high school musicians with an up-close view of the jazz studies program at Ohio State.
Students will play in both a big band and jazz combo, participate in master classes with Ohio State jazz studies faculty, and enjoy sessions covering topics such as jazz history, jazz theory, jazz improvisation and a survey of the music industry. The program concludes with a grand finale concert where the big bands and combos will perform for family and friends.
Professor Shawn Wallace
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 10–12 in the 2022–2023 school year and 2022 high school graduates; must have at least one year of experience playing in a school jazz ensemble.
- Resident: $495— Tuition, T-shirt, housing with three meals per day.
- Commuter $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
- Full registration deadline — Wednesday, June 8
- Limited registration deadline — Thursday, June 23
(Housing and/or T-shirt may not be available)
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MAC USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
PARTICIPATION DETAILS — Approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program, participants will receive details about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in, the daily schedule and more. Parents/Guardians and participants will also receive permission forms via DocuSign. All forms must be returned by the deadline indicated in order to participate.
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 35
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding curriculum, contact Shawn Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or Robert Brooks at email@example.com.
- For questions about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.