June 14 — 18, 2020
Now entering its 35th year, the five-day Flute Workshop provides high school flutists with a unique opportunity to develop as musicians; engage with peers from around the state and region; work with Ohio State faculty, flute students and alumni; and enjoy the college experience on campus. Activities include private lessons, master classes, chamber ensemble participation and more!
Program director: Professor Katherine Borst Jones
- Private lessons
- Master classes
- Flute choir
- Daily coached chamber ensembles
- Performance opportunities
- Jazz and theory classes
Eligibility: For students entering grades 9 – 12 in the 2020 – 2021 school year, as well as 2020 high school graduates.
Program fee – commuter: $395 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
Program fee – resident: $495 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
Watch for 2020 updates here.
Daily Schedule Overview — A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Sunday — 1 p.m. to approx. 9:30 p.m.
- Monday–Wednesday — 8:30 a.m. to approx. 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday — 8:15 a.m. to approx. 4 p.m.
Concerts—All performances are free and open to the public.
- Sunday at 8 p.m. — Faculty Recital: Katherine Borst Jones and Guests
- Monday — Flute Workshop Counselor Recital
- Wednesday — Solo Night
- Thursday, 1:30–3 p.m. — Closing Concert
- Full registration deadline: May 20
- Limited registration deadline: June 10
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Flute Workshop curriculum, contact Katherine Borst Jones at email@example.com or call 614-292-4618.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.