Sunday – Thursday, June 19 – 23
Join Professor Katherine Borst Jones for Flute Workshop 2022! Students will participate in master classes taught by Professor Jones and guests, technique classes, private lessons, solo night, faculty and counselor recitals, flute choir and twice-daily coached small flute ensembles.
This event is closed for 2022.
Professor Katherine Borst Jones
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 9–12 in the 2022–2023 school year, and 2022 high school graduates.
- Resident: $495 — Tuition, T-shirt, housing with three meals per day.
- Commuter: $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
- Full registration deadline — Wednesday, May 25
- Limited registration deadline — Wednesday, June 15
(Housing and/or T-shirt may not be available)
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 75
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MAC USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the deadline indicated in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be published here. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.
ARRIVING OR DEPARTING BY AIR?
The final schedule for each program may not be available until a few weeks before the program begins. However, most programs have a closing concert in which all students will want to participate. For those departing by air, flights should be scheduled after 7 p.m. Please note, Ohio State Youth Summer Music Programs cannot be responsible for ground transportation to/from the airport. Contact the YSMP Registrar at YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu for details.
Daily Schedule Overview
- 9 a.m. — Group warm-up with Professor Jones
- 10 a.m. — Sessions on practicing, audition preparation, performance enhancements and musical careers for flutists (with special guests)
- 11 a.m. — Master classes on repertoire
- Afternoons — scheduled private lessons