Sunday – Thursday, June 18 – 22
Students will participate in master classes taught by Professor Jones and guests, technique classes, private lessons, solo night, faculty and counselor recitals, flute choir and twice-daily coached small flute ensembles. Enjoy a finale concert featuring all participants, free and open to the public.
Registration will open on February 1, 2023.
Professor Katherine Borst Jones
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 9–12 in the 2023–2024 school year, and 2023 high school graduates.
- Resident $495 — Tuition, T-shirt, housing with three meals per day.
- Commuter $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 50
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
DEADLINE — Wednesday, May 31, 2023
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MCA USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the DocuSign deadline in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be provided. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.
Daily Schedule Overview
- 9 a.m. — Group warm-up with Professor Jones
- 10 a.m. — Sessions on practicing, audition preparation, performance enhancements and musical careers for flutists (with special guests)
- 11 a.m. — Master classes on repertoire
- Afternoons — scheduled private lessons
- Thursday — Finale concert open to the public