The School of Music Facilities
Practice rooms are available to School of Music students, both graduate and undergraduate. Please refer to the practice room policies.
Weigel Hall is home to music administration offices, rehearsal halls, and studios for flute, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, oboe, harp, piano, composition, percussion, music industry, opera and choral faculty. It also houses a 720-seat auditorium and 25 practice rooms.
- Address: 1866 College Rd., Columbus, OH 43210
- Hours of operation: 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Saturday; Sunday 9 a.m.-11 p.m. CLOSED on university holidays.
- School of Music Main Office (Weigel 110) hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday; CLOSED weekends and university holidays.
- Contact the building manager: Eva Banks
Hughes Hall is home to the faculty studios for voice, brass, strings, musicology, music theory and composition, band, and music education.
In addition, this building houses all classrooms for music, the 300-seat Hughes Recital Hall, and 46 practice studios.
- Address: 1899 College Rd., Columbus, OH 43210
- Hours of operation: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.* Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Sunday. CLOSED on university holidays. NOTE: BuckID access has been removed until further notice (effective Tuesday, January 19, 2016). This building will be unlocked and locked by university personnel according to the hours listed above.
- Contact the building manager: Jim Broadhurst
The Mershon Auditorium at 1871 N. High St. houses the largest stage space on the Ohio State Campus: a 2,400-seat auditorium.
A wing of the auditorium also houses music cognition, ethnomusicology, electronic composition, and graduate assistant suites.