Tuesday, December 3, 2019 • 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St.
This concert is now SOLD OUT.
Additional Youth Concert Opportunities
If you are seeking another youth concert experience for your students or retirement community residents, you might consider:
The Music Celebration Youth Concert presents most of the School of Music's performing ensembles in a fast-paced journey through a spectrum of sounds, moods and styles. Our non-stop collage style concert includes jazz, orchestral, choral, chamber, wind band, solo, percussion and keyboard offerings via the remarkable artistry of our student ensembles, led by renowned conductors and teachers. The artistic achievements of our students and faculty showcase a great School of Music, and provide your students with inspiration, valuable learning outcomes and renewed appreciation for the art form.
- All seats are $5. No tickets will be issued.
- Bus parking is FREE.
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Count all students and chaperones carefully before registering. Refunds can only be made if the School of Music cancels the event.
- Approximately 3 – 5 days after we receive your reservation, we will email a Welcome Packet containing (1) your invoice with payment instructions; (2) a confirmation letter with details for arrival, parking, attendance and dismissal; and (3) a map.
- Payment may be made online with a credit card, or by PO or check made out to "The Ohio State University." Details will be included in your Welcome Packet.
This concert is now SOLD OUT.
The public Music Celebration Concert will be presented in the evening at 7:30 p.m. Tickets will go on sale in October.
Planning Your Visit
The concert begins at 10 a.m. Please arrive at Mershon Auditorium between 9 – 9:30 a.m. to allow the staff to direct buses to the correct side of the building for unloading, entering the auditorium and getting groups seated.
Be aware that the concert—with intermission—lasts approximately 2 hours and that dismissal can take up to 30 minutes. Plan your return to school for lunch accordingly, or make alternate arrangements. There are no accommodations for eating lunch in Mershon Auditorium, and with current High St. construction there are no options for a large group to eat on campus.
Accessibility — Mershon Auditorium does not have an elevator. Main floor accessible seating is available for patrons with limited mobility or those using wheelchairs, and their companions. Current ADA standards limit companion seating to 3 people maximum, so making arrangements in advance and arriving early is preferable whenever possible. To make ADA arrangements, contact Patron Services Manager Helyn Marshall or call 614-688-3890.
- If arriving by bus: This year, there is a considerable amount of construction on campus — and it changes daily. As a result, teachers will receive directions, a map and parking details approximately two week before the event. Buses will likely be directed to park on West campus or at the Schottenstein Center.
- If arriving by car or van, proceed directly to the Ohio Union South Garage. Parking fees are $13 for 4 hours. This garage utilizes Pay-on-Foot machines that are located on the ground floor and bridge level elevator lobbies. Take your ticket with you on your visit and stop at the Pay-on-Foot station on your way back to your car. Pay your parking fees (cash or credit card), and use the paid ticket at any exit lane. Receipts for paid parking are offered at the time of payment. Please do not lose the ticket. Lost ticket fees are high. From the garage, it is a short walk to the intersection of 15th Ave. and High St. to Mershon to join your group in the lower lobby.
Contact Tamara Morris at email@example.com or 614-247-7036.