Friday, November 30, 2018 • 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St.
An Invitation to School Groups, Grades 4 – 12
The Music Celebration Youth Concert presents most of the School of Music's performing ensembles in a fast-paced journey through a spectrum of sounds, moods and styles. Our non-stop collage style concert includes jazz, orchestral, choral, chamber, wind band, solo, percussion and keyboard offerings via the remarkable artistry of our student ensembles, led by renowned conductors and teachers. The artistic achievements of our students and faculty showcase a great School of Music, and provide your students with inspiration, valuable learning outcomes and renewed appreciation for the art form.
- All seats are $5. No tickets will be issued.
- Bus parking is FREE.
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis. The concert sells out so register early via the link provided below.
- Count all students and chaperones carefully before registering. Refunds can only be made if the School of Music cancels the event.
- Approximately 3 – 5 days after we receive your reservation, we will email a Welcome Packet containing (1) your invoice with payment instructions; (2) a confirmation letter with details for arrival, parking, attendance and dismissal; and (3) a map.
This concert is full.
We hope you can join us in 2019.
The online registration usually opens after Labor Day and fills very quickly.
If you are seeking another youth concert experience for your students, you may still register to attend the Ohio State Marching Band Youth Concert
November 16 • 10 a.m. • The Celeste Center at the Ohio State Fairgrounds
Planning Your Visit
The concert begins at 10 a.m. Please arrive at Mershon Auditorium between 9 – 9:30 a.m. to allow the staff to direct buses to the correct side of the building for unloading, entering the auditorium and getting groups seated.
Be aware that the concert—with intermission—lasts approximately 2 hours and that dismissal can take up to 30 minutes. Plan your return to school for lunch accordingly, or make alternate arrangements. There are no accommodations for eating lunch in Mershon Auditorium and with current High St. construction there are no options for a large group to eat on campus.
- If arriving by bus, drivers should enter the driveway entrance to Mershon where they will be directed by traffic officers to either side of the building for drop-off. After drop-off, campus police will direct bus drivers to West Campus to park. There is no fee for bus parking.
- If arriving by car or van, proceed directly to the Ohio Union South Garage. Parking fees are $9.75 for the first 3 hours and $11.25 for 4 hours. This garage utilizes Pay-on-Foot machines that are located on the ground floor and bridge level elevator lobbies. Take your ticket with you on your visit and stop at the Pay-on-Foot station on your way back to your car. Pay your parking fees (cash or credit card), and use the paid ticket at any exit lane. Receipts for paid parking are offered at the time of payment. Please do not lose the ticket. Lost ticket fees are high. After parking, it is a short walk to the intersection of 15th Ave. and High St. to Mershon to join your group in the lower lobby.
- You will also receive these parking instructions with your Electronic Welcome Packet.
Contact Tamara Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-247-7036.