Are you a graduate of the Ohio State Flute Studio?
Contact Professor Jones to let us know where you are and what you are doing! Include your degree and year of graduation from Ohio State.
Professor Katherine Borst Jones conducted the OSU Flute Troupe in a showcase concert in August 2014 at the National Flute Association Convention in Chicago, Illinois. The Flute Troupe also performed on the Bruce Smith Music Showcase event. Among other pieces, the Flute Troupe performed alumnus Matthew Saunders' Nod á Don honoring Dr. Donald E. McGinnis and Diffusion and Light by alumnus Ladd McIntosh. Jones rehearsed and conducted the National High School Flute Choir, an honor choir made up of members from around the nation, including incoming freshman, Caleb Dilsavor, on a concert on August 10 at the NFA Convention in Chicago. The group performed three world premieres by composers Ladd McIntosh, Valerie Coleman (Juba) and Greg Lutz. At the convention Jones also conducted her NFA colleagues in the Mass for Flutes by Henry Brant on the concert honoring the 2014 Distinguished Service Award recipient, Patti Adams, as well as serving on the panel, "The Current State of Practicing."
- Ann Green (BM 2017) performed with the Collegiate Flute Choir on August 10 at the NFA Convention in Chicago. She was selected by audition.
- Luke Shultz (BM/BME 2014) was selected by audition to perform in a master class for NFA Lifetime Achievement Award flutist, Maxence Larrieu.
- Diane Couzens (MM 2014) joined the New York City Ballet's development team in May 2014 as the Capital Campaign Assistant. She manages the day-to-day operations of the campaign, consisting of all formal donor communications, campaign presentations, scheduling, processing pledges, and expense tracking. Additionally, Diane serves as the Department's primary researcher, oversees the Department's expenses, managers operations for two Board of Directors Committees, facilitates Development content for the quarterly donor and member newsletter, and is general support for the Development team.
- Katie Kuvin (MM 2014) is the development manager for ProMusica Chamber Orchestra in Columbus (OH), writing corporate, foundation, and government grants for the organization, assisting the executive director with individual donor stewardship, and planning special events and managing donor benefit programs. She is also the piccolo player for the Westerville Symphony, New Albany Symphony Orchestra, and the McConnell Arts Center Chamber Orchestra, and maintains an active private flute studio.
- Stefanie Schneider (BME 2014) is teaching strings and working with the marching band at Finneytown Secondary Campus and at Whitaker Elementary in Cincinnati.
- Megan Yost (BME 2014) accepted a position at Orion Academy, a charter school in Cincinnati.
- Erin Torres, DMA, appointed flute professor at Ohio Northern University effective fall 2013.
- Chelsea Tanner, B.Mus. 2013, was appointed as a GTA in the flute studio at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Christmas music for flute choir recorded by the OSU Flute Troupe available from McGinty Music.
- Chelsea Tanner chosen as concerto finalist for 2013. Chelsea also performed the Image of Bozza on the December Celebration Concert. She was a scholarship student at the Roundtop Festival in the summer of 2012. She was chosen to play for Marina Piccininni at the Rochester Flute Fair in November.
- Kari Boyer participated in master classes at ARIA, Marina Piccininni Master Classes and in France with Jean Ferrandis in the summer of 2012.