The Focus is on You
Welcome to Graduate Studies in Music at The Ohio State University. As you consider where to complete your formal musical studies, we hope that we can place you in our spotlight. Whether your focus is performance, composition, conducting, music education, theory, or musicology, our faculty focuses on you!
—C. Patrick Woliver, Chair, Graduate Studies in Music
Why Ohio State?
- An outstanding faculty of specialists
- An impressive record of accomplishments by our graduates
- Access to a world-class music/dance library
- A comprehensive, field-based curriculum
- Specialized research laboratories
- A positive and supportive learning environment
- Undergraduate teaching opportunities
- Significant podium time
- Competitive financial support opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Doctor of Philosophy (Music Education, Music Theory, Musicology)
- Doctor of Musical Arts (Composition, Conducting, Performance)
- Master of Arts (Music Education, Music Theory, Musicology, Pedagogy)
- Master of Music (Composition, Conducting, Performance)
Visit the School of Music
For visits to campus, we suggest contacting the area head for your major or the instructor for your instrument. With the extensive knowledge they have of their programs, they will be able to provide you with a full overview of your specific major and degree and what the School of Music has to offer. Refer to the PEOPLE directory.