Sunday – Wednesday, June 11 – 14
The four-day Clarinet Academy provides high school clarinetists with a unique opportunity to develop as musicians; engage with peers; work with Ohio State faculty, clarinet students and alumni; and enjoy the college experience on campus. Activities include private lessons, master classes, performing in solo, coached chamber groups and the Ohio State ClariNetwork clarinet choir.
Registration will open on February 1, 2023
Professor Caroline Hartig
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 9–12 in the 2023–2024 school year, and 2023 high school graduates.
INSTRUMENTS — All students must bring their own instruments. In addition to their B-flat clarinet, students may bring E-flat or bass clarinets, if desired.
- Resident $495 — Tuition, T-shirt, housing with three meals per day.
- Commuter $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 40
REGISTRATION – You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
DEADLINE — Wednesday, May 24, 2023
A live registration link will appear here on February 1, 2023.
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MCA USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the DocuSign deadline in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be provided. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.