June 7 – 10, 2020
The four-day Clarinet Academy provides high school clarinetists with a unique opportunity to develop as musicians; engage with peers from around the state and region; work with Ohio State faculty, clarinet students and alumni; and enjoy the college experience on campus. Activities include private lessons, master classes, chamber ensemble participation and more.
- Private lessons
- Master classes
- Technique, literature and theory classes
- Daily coached chamber ensembles
- Performance opportunities
Registration opens here on Feb. 1, 2020.
- Full registration deadline: May 13
- Limited registration deadline: June 3
Daily Schedule Overview
- Sunday — 1:30 p.m. to approx. 9 p.m.
- All students audition on Sunday afternoon for placement in chamber ensembles and for the Student Solos Concert. Students should come prepared to audition on a solo piece of their choosing. Bring piano scores as appropriate.
- Monday–Tuesday — 9 a.m. to approx. 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday — 9 a.m. to approx. 3 p.m.
Clarinet Academy Concerts — All performances are free and open to the public.
- Monday, 8 p.m. — Counselors Concert
- Tuesday, 8 p.m. — Student Solos Concert
- Wednesday, 1:30 p.m. — Finale Concert
A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Clarinet Academy curriculum, contact Caroline Hartig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-8969.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.