June 9 – 13, 2019
The five-day Clarinet Academy provides high school clarinetists with a unique opportunity to develop as musicians; engage with peers from around the state and region; work with Ohio State faculty, clarinet students and alumni; and enjoy the college experience on campus. Activities include private lessons, master classes, chamber ensemble participation and more.
Program director: Professor Caroline Hartig
- Private lessons
- Master classes
- Technique, literature and theory classes
- Daily coached chamber ensembles
- Performance opportunities
Eligibility: For students who are entering grades 9 – 12 in the 2019 – 2020 school year, as well as 2019 high school graduates.
Instruments: All students must bring their own instruments. In addition to their B-flat clarinet, students may bring E-flat or bass clarinets, if desired.
Program fee – commuter: $395 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
Program fee – resident: $495 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
Important things to note:
- All students audition on Sunday afternoon for placement in chamber ensembles and for the Student Solos Concert. Students should come prepared to audition on a solo piece of their choosing. Bring piano scores as appropriate.
Daily Schedule — A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Sunday — 1:30 p.m. to approx. 9 p.m.
- Monday–Wednesday — 9 a.m. to approx. 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday — 9 a.m. to approx. 3 p.m.
Clarinet Academy Concerts — All performances are free and open to the public.
- Sunday, 8 p.m. — Faculty Recital: Caroline Hartig and Guests
- Monday, 8 p.m. — Counselors Concert
- Wednesday, 8 p.m. — Student Solos Concert
- Thursday, 1:30 p.m. — Finale Concert
- Full registration deadline: May 15, 2019
- Limited registration deadline: June 5, 2019
Registration for Clarinet Academy 2019 is CLOSED.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Clarinet Academy curriculum, contact Caroline Hartig at email@example.com or 614-292-8969.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.