Love music but planning to major in another field?
Want to become involved in music on campus?
1. EXPLORE our two Minors in Music:
- Music Minor
- Music, Media and Enterprise
NO audition required.
Be advised that the Music Minor requires at least one course in Music Theory. Taking the Theory Placement Exam (TPE) is required. You need not register to take the exam.
- Upcoming TPE dates:
- Watch for new TPE dates/times for academic year 2020–2021 (to be determined).
- The TPE is held in Hughes Hall Auditorium, 1899 College Rd. Allow up to 1½ hours to take the exam. Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils.
- Important: Theory courses often fill early. Passing the exam does not guarantee immediate placement in the course.
- If you have academic advising inquiries, please contact Emily Patronik at email@example.com.
2. JOIN one of our many Ensembles. Several offer open enrollment, with no audition required.
3. TAKE one of our School of Music General Education Courses. The School of Music offers courses that meet General Education (GE) requirements for Visual and Performing Arts (VPA), Global Studies (GS), Social Diversity (SD), Cultures and Ideas (C&I), Education and Study Abroad (SA). Consult your college's GE list or your academic advisor to confirm that a particular course will satisfy your requirements.
Private Lessons for Non-Majors
Non-majors interested in taking private applied lessons for academic credit must receive permission from the studio professor. Please refer to the People directory for each studio professor’s contact information. Instructional fees will apply.
Course information: Applied Lessons MUS 2216.xx
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.