Friday, November 16, 2018 • 10 a.m.
Celeste Center at Ohio State Fairgrounds • 717 E. 17th Ave.
An Invitation to School Groups and Retirement Communities
The Ohio State University Marching Band is one of the few all-brass and percussion college bands in the country—a 192-piece block band patterned after the traditional British brass band.
This special concert is open to school groups of ALL ages, and to retirement communities that find the daytime concert convenient.
The concert features demonstrations of instruments, performances by special “cheer groups,” and selections from the season's halftime shows, including traditional school songs.
- All seats are $8. No tickets will be issued.
- Bus parking is FREE.
- Car and van parking is $5 (CASH ONLY).
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Count all students, chaperones and bus drivers who will attend the concert carefully before registering. Refunds can only be made if the School of Music cancels the event.
- Note to teachers: Buses will park just outside the venue, so, bus drivers can easily attend, if they wish.
- Approximately 3 – 5 days after we receive your reservation, we will email a Welcome Packet containing (1) your invoice with payment instructions; (2) a confirmation letter with details for arrival, parking, attendance and dismissal; and (3) a map of the venue.
- Payment may be made online with a credit card or by PO or check made out to "The Ohio State University."
Planning Your Visit
The concert begins at 10 a.m. Schools are asked to arrive between 9 – 9:30 a.m. to allow the staff to direct buses to the correct side of the building for unloading students, entering the auditorium and getting groups seated. Buses may park in an adjacent parking lot. Maps will be provided.
Please be aware that the concert—with intermission—lasts approximately 2 hours and that dismissal can take up to 30 minutes. Plan your return to school for lunch accordingly, or make alternate arrangements. There are no accommodations for eating lunch at the concert venue.
- Arriving by bus. Drivers will approach the Celeste Center from 17th Ave. where they will be directed to the North side of the building for drop-off. After drop-off, they will be directed to circle the Fairgrounds to return to the parking lot on the East side of the building. There is no fee for bus parking.
- Arriving by car or van. Drivers will approach the Celeste Center from 17th Ave. where they will stop to pay a $5 parking fee (CASH ONLY) and proceed to the parking lot.
- After reserving your space online, schools and groups will receive parking instructions in their Electronic Welcome Packet.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS to the Celeste Center
Contact Tamara Morris at email@example.com or 614-247-7036.
For those unable to attend the Youth Concert, the public concert will be held Friday, November 16 at 7 p.m. Visit the Ohio State Marching Band Hometown Concert.