Friday, November 1, 2019 • 10 a.m.
Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St.
An Invitation to School Groups and Retirement Communities
The Ohio State University Marching Band is one of the few all-brass and percussion college bands in the country—a 192-piece block band patterned after the traditional British brass band.
This special concert is open to school groups of ALL ages, and to retirement communities that find the daytime concert convenient.
The concert features demonstrations of instruments, performances by special “cheer groups,” and selections from the season's halftime shows, including traditional school songs.
- All seats are $8. No tickets will be issued.
- Bus parking is FREE.
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis. This concert usually sells out early.
- Count all students, chaperones and bus drivers who will attend the concert carefully before registering. Refunds can only be made if the School of Music cancels the event.
- Approximately 3 – 5 days after we receive your reservation, we will email a Welcome Packet containing (1) your invoice with payment instructions; (2) a confirmation letter with details for arrival, parking, attendance and dismissal; and (3) a map.
- Payment may be made online with a credit card or by PO or check made out to "The Ohio State University." Details will be included in your Welcome Packet.
A link to the online registration form will be posted HERE after Labor Day.
Reservation deadline: Friday, October 18.
The public Marching Band Hometown concert will be held Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 3 p.m. Tickets will go on sale at wexarts.org in September.
Planning Your Visit
The concert begins at 10 a.m. Please arrive at Mershon Auditorium between 9 – 9:30 a.m. to allow the staff to direct buses to the correct side of the building for unloading, entering the auditorium and getting groups seated.
Be aware that the concert—with intermission—lasts approximately 2 hours and that dismissal can take up to 30 minutes. Plan your return to school for lunch accordingly, or make alternate arrangements. There are no accommodations for eating lunch in Mershon Auditorium and with current High St. construction there are no options for a large group to eat on campus.
- If arriving by bus, drivers should enter the driveway entrance to Mershon where they will be directed by traffic officers to either side of the building for drop-off. After drop-off, campus police will direct bus drivers to West Campus to park. There is no fee for bus parking.
- If arriving by car or van, proceed directly to the Ohio Union South Garage. Parking fees are $9.75 for the first 3 hours and $11.25 for 4 hours. This garage utilizes Pay-on-Foot machines that are located on the ground floor and bridge level elevator lobbies. Take your ticket with you on your visit and stop at the Pay-on-Foot station on your way back to your car. Pay your parking fees (cash or credit card), and use the paid ticket at any exit lane. Receipts for paid parking are offered at the time of payment. Please do not lose the ticket. Lost ticket fees are high. After parking, it is a short walk to the intersection of 15th Ave. and High St. to Mershon to join your group in the lower lobby.
- You will also receive these parking instructions with your Electronic Welcome Packet.
Additional Youth Concert Opportunities
If you are seeking another youth concert experience for your students, you might consider:
Contact Tamara Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-247-7036.