Friday, November 5, 2021 • 10 a.m.
Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St.
We are at capacity. Registration is now closed.
We have reached capacity for the 2021 Youth Concert. We are sorry that we cannot accommodate all who wish to attend and look forward to 2022.
As university health and safety protocols evolve, concerts and details are subject to change.
The Ohio State University Marching Band is one of the few all-brass and percussion college bands in the country — a 192-piece block band patterned after the traditional British brass band.
This special concert is open to school groups of all ages.
Enjoy demonstrations of instruments, selections from the season's halftime shows, school songs and more.
- Due to health and safety regulations, seating will not be at full capacity. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Register early.
- Per university protocols, masks are required indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- All seats are $8. No tickets will be issued.
- Count all students, chaperones and bus drivers who will attend the concert carefully before registering. Refunds can only be made if the School of Music cancels the event.
- Approximately 3 – 5 days after we receive your reservation, we will email a Welcome Packet containing (1) your invoice with payment instructions; (2) a confirmation letter with details for arrival, parking, attendance and dismissal; and (3) a map.
Reservations are now closed
Planning Your Visit
Event details will be updated closer to November, as area construction and/or health and safety protocols evolve.
The concert begins at 10 a.m. Please arrive at Mershon Auditorium between 9 – 9:30 a.m. to allow the staff to direct buses to the correct side of the building for unloading, entering the auditorium and getting groups seated.
The concert — with intermission — lasts approximately 2 hours and dismissal can take up to 30 minutes. Plan your return to school for lunch accordingly, or make alternate arrangements. There are no accommodations for eating lunch in Mershon Auditorium and with current High St. construction there are no options for a large group to eat on campus.
Accessibility — Mershon Auditorium does not have an elevator. Main floor accessible seating is available for patrons with limited mobility or those using wheelchairs, and their companions. Current ADA standards limit companion seating to 3 people maximum, so making arrangements in advance and arriving early is preferable whenever possible. To make ADA arrangements, contact Patron Services Manager Helyn Marshall or call 614-688-3890.
- Details for bus arrival, drop-off and parking will be provided closer to the event date. There is no fee for bus parking.
- If arriving by car or van, proceed directly to the Ohio Union South Garage. Parking fees are $13 for 4 hours. This garage utilizes Pay-on-Foot machines that are located on the ground floor and bridge level elevator lobbies. Take your ticket with you on your visit and stop at the Pay-on-Foot station on your way back to your car. Pay your parking fees (cash or credit card), and use the paid ticket at any exit lane. Receipts for paid parking are offered at the time of payment. Please do not lose the ticket. Lost ticket fees are high. After parking, it is a short walk to the intersection of 15th Ave. and High St. to Mershon to join your group in the lower lobby.
Additional Youth Concert Opportunity
The School of Music is sorry to announce that it will not present the Music Celebration Youth or Public Concerts in December 2021.
We are hopeful that we will return to this beloved annual event in 2022.
Email Tamara Morris or call 614-247-7036.