Friday, November 17, 2017 • 10 a.m.
Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St.
An Invitation to School Groups of All Ages
The Ohio State University Marching Band is one of the few all-brass and percussion college bands in the country—a 192-piece block band patterned after the traditional British brass band.
The concert features demonstrations of instruments by each section, performances by special “cheer groups,” and selections from the season's halftime shows, including traditional school songs.
- All seats are $8. No tickets will be issued.
- Bus parking is FREE.
- Register your group online via the link below. Registration deadline: Friday, November 3.
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis. The concert sells out so register early.
- Count all students and chaperones carefully before registering. Refunds can only be made if the School of Music cancels the event.
- Approximately 3 – 5 days after we receive your reservation, we will email a Welcome Packet containing (1) your invoice with payment instructions; (2) a confirmation letter with details for arrival, parking, attendance and dismissal; and (3) a map.
- Payment may be made online with a credit card or by check made out to "The Ohio State University."
Planning Your Visit
The concert begins at 10 a.m. Schools are asked to arrive at Mershon Auditorium between 9 – 9:30 a.m. to allow the Mershon Auditorium staff to direct buses to the correct side of the building for unloading students, entering the auditorium and getting groups seated.
Please be aware that the concert—with intermission—lasts approximately 2 hours and that dismissal can take up to 30 minutes. Plan your return to school for lunch accordingly, or make alternate arrangements. There are no accommodations for eating lunch in Mershon Auditorium and with current High St. construction there are no options for a large group to eat on campus.
- Arriving by bus. Drivers should enter the driveway entrance to Mershon where they will be directed by traffic officers to either side of the building for drop-off. After drop-off, campus police will direct bus drivers to West Campus to park. There is no fee for bus parking.
- Arriving by car or van. Drive directly to the Ohio Union South Garage. Parking fees are $8.75 for the first 3 hours and $11.25 for 4 hours. This garage utilizes Pay-on-Foot machines that are located on the ground floor and bridge level elevator lobbies. Take your ticket with you on your visit and stop at the Pay-on-Foot station on your way back to your car. Pay your parking fees (cash or credit card), and use the paid ticket at any exit lane. Receipts for paid parking are offered at the time of payment. Please do not lose the ticket. Lost ticket fees are high. After parking, it is a short walk to the intersection of 15th Ave. and High St. to Mershon to join your group in the lower lobby.
- You will also receive these parking instructions with your Electronic Welcome Packet.
Contact Tamara Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 247-7036.
For those unable to attend the Youth Concert, the public concert will be held Sunday, November 19 at 3 p.m. All seating is reserved. Admission $18/general public, $15/senior citizens, Alumni Association members, Ohio State faculty and staff, students and children. This concert is a traditional sell-out. Obtaining tickets in advance is recommended. Tickets at wexarts.org, in person at the Wexner Center for the Arts Patron Services Desk, or call (614) 292-3535.