Assistant Professor and Director of Marching and Athletic Bands
110 Weigel Hall
1866 N College Rd
Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Director, Marching and Athletic Bands
- Associate Director of Bands
- Music Education
- The Ohio State University - Bachelor's degrees, Mathematics and Music Education (2000)
- The Ohio State University - MM, Instrumental Conducting; MME, Music Education (2002)
- The Ohio State University - PhD, Music Education (2012)
Dr. Christopher Hoch, director of The Ohio State University Marching and Athletic Bands, served as interim director from May 2015–2016. Previously, he served two years as associate director and one year as assistant director of the marching and athletic bands at Ohio State, seven years as the director of bands at Rutherford B. Hayes High School in Delaware, OH, and three years as a director of The Ohio State University Marching Band Alumni.
Dr. Hoch’s work with The Ohio State University Marching Band has received national recognition for innovation and creativity in the show design process. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, Dr. Hoch serves as the musical director of the Scioto Valley Brass and Percussion Company, and he is active around the state of Ohio as a clinician, guest conductor, musical arranger and guest speaker.
Dr. Hoch's Ohio State education includes bachelor's degrees in music education and mathematics, master's degrees in instrumental conducting and music education, and a PhD in music education.