For students in grades 4 – 12
- Registration deadline: Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2018
- Evaluator's deadline: Friday, Sept. 7, 2018
An evaluation from your school ensemble teacher or private instructor will be used to place you in an appropriate chamber ensemble for the day and will inform Viola Day ensemble coaches of your background and playing experience. On the registration form, provide your teacher/evaluator's name and email address; that individual will receive email notification with a link to the evaluation form, shortly after you submit registration.
Registration for Viola Day consists of three steps:
Step One — Registration. Submit an online registration via the link below.
After submitting an online registration, you will immediately receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive it, one of three things has happened:
- The email address you entered on your form may be incorrect
- The confirmation email was sent to your SPAM box
- The online registration was not received by our system
If you do not find the confirmation email in your SPAM box or within two hours of submitting a registration, contact the Viola Day registrar for further instructions.
- Likewise, if your preferred evaluator did not receive an email notification (resulting in Viola Day faculty not receiving evaluation by Friday, Sept. 7), the evaluator may not be aware instructions and link were sent, due to one of the three factors listed above.
Step Two — Payment. Pay the participation fee online according to the instructions contained in your registration confirmation email. You will then see a "Checkout complete" screen acknowledging that your payment is in process, and an Order number (keep this number for reference).
If you choose to pay with a check (made payable to "The Ohio State University"), mail payment to the School of Music at the address below. You will receive confirmation by email within 7 – 10 business days.
The Ohio State University School of Music
ATTN: Viola Day Registrar
110 Weigel Hall
1866 College Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210
Step Three — Required forms. Parents or guardians are required to print out, complete, sign, and send the following forms:
Mail the completed and signed forms to the address above, or scan and email them to the Viola Day registrar.
Payment and paperwork are due Friday, Sept. 14, 2018.
You will receive a welcome email with further instructions about program attendance approximately two weeks before the event.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.