Student Professional Travel Grant Application Information
- Travel to research collections or summer residency programs in the U.S. or abroad.
- Travel for invited or accepted research presentation or performance at significant professional events.
- Travel for invited competitions/auditions (usually after a CD or DVD pre-screened juried process).
- The School of Music Student Professional Travel Grant Application form, signed by the Associate Director (for undergraduate applications) or the Chair for Graduate Studies (for graduate applications), confirming degree status.
- A letter of 1–2 pages from the applicant, describing the project, its purpose, and the potential professional significance to your degree program and your development as a scholar or performer.
- A letter of faculty support from the applicant’s applied teacher, advisor, or mentor, affirming the worth of the project for which funding is sought.
- In the case of a performance or presentation, provide a letter of invitation or other indication of acceptance from the sponsoring organization or institution.
- A detailed budget, outlining the cost of the experience and indicating any other funding sources available.
Download and complete the appropriate form:
Undergraduate applications will be reviewed by the associate director of Undergraduate Studies, and graduate applications by the chair of Graduate Studies, in consultation with the appropriate area head and the director, as needed. The proposal review will consist of an overall assessment of the merits of the proposed project (benefits to the student, how likely the student is to complete the task successfully, feasibility of the budget, etc.) as well as an assessment of the merits of the application itself (how well it explains the project and its benefits, the completeness of the application, readability, etc.)
[pdf] — Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, please contact us.