Auditions (dates and procedures) for choral groups will be announced after Ohio State announces all policies and procedures for opening the campus for the 2020–2021 academic year.
The Ohio State University choral program is comprised of four choirs; all choirs are open to both music majors and non-music majors. Placement in a choir is by audition only.
Choirs meet at the following times:
- Chorale — MWF, 1:50–2:45 p.m.
- Women's Glee Club — MWF, 3–3:55 p.m.
- Men's Glee Club — MWF, 4:10–5:05 p.m.
- University Chorus — MW, 5:20–6:10 p.m.
All students are welcome and encouraged to audition for Women's Glee Club or University Chorus (Symphonic Choir and Men's Glee Club are not accepting new singers for Spring 2020). Auditions are held during the first week of spring semester.
- If you are interested in University Chorus, schedule an audition with Dr. Robert Ward (email@example.com).
- If you are interested in Women's Glee Club, contact Ms. Jordan Saul (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What to Expect
Be prepared to perform the following:
- Scales and short melodies — to test range and demonstrate voice quality
- Sing an unaccompanied melody — a patriotic tune or hymn tune (words provided)
- Melodic retention exercise — sing back short melodic patterns
- Rhythmic exercise — clap or sing rhythmic patterns in common meters
- Sight reading — both rhythms and pitches
Return to Choral Ensembles