For High School Musicians
and their parents
Are you thinking about majoring in music in college? Want to learn more about the School of Music at The Ohio State University?
We have planned several virtual visit events for you. Drop in on a Saturday morning or week night to enjoy our presentation, chat with faculty and students, and enjoy some music by our current Buckeyes.
Some of you joined our Fall Visit Day in October. Some missed out when our Spring Visit Day was cancelled last April. Feel free to visit again, or for the first time.
- Saturday, Nov. 21 at 10 a.m. (with guests: Scott A. Jones, bands and Sterling Tanner, trombone)
- Thursday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. (with guests: Robert Ward, choirs and Michael Rene Torres, saxophone)
- Saturday, Jan. 9 at 10 a.m. (special guests TBA)
- Monday, Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. (special guests TBA)
Meet Associate Director and Chair of Undergraduate Studies David Hedgecoth, current School of Music students and other guests. Learn about:
- The Ohio State and School of Music admissions process
- Tips on auditioning and playing in public
- Preparing to be a music major and for college music theory
- The Music Education program at Ohio State
- Student life
The event is free, but all participants must register online. After registering, you will receive a general confirmation email. Approximately one week before your selected event date, you will receive an email with the Zoom links.
If you require an accommodation to participate in one of these events, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made two weeks before your selected event date will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet all requests.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call Admissions at 614-247-7036.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing more about music at Ohio State.