Friday, October 7, 2022
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. • Timashev Family Music Building
Each October, the School of Music invites high school juniors and seniors to take part in a special “Practice Audition Day.” Students considering music as a major in college are encouraged to take this opportunity to meet Ohio State faculty and students, observe classes, tour the new Timashev Family Music Building and have a practice audition evaluated by faculty. Other topics will include:
- The Ohio State and School of Music admissions process
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Tips on auditioning and playing in public
- Ensembles, including The Ohio State University Marching Band
- The Music Education program at Ohio State
This is a free event, but registration is required. For inquiries email Tanya Sparks.
DEADLINE: Monday, October 3
Registration is closed.
8:30–9 a.m. — Check-in
9–11:30 a.m. — Morning Session
- Music Admissions overview
- Audition tips
- Meet the School of Music Ambassadors
11:30 a.m.–12:25 p.m. — Meet the Professor/Studio
12:30–1:30 p.m. — Lunch break (on your own)
1:30–4 p.m. — Afternoon opportunities
- Practice audition appointments with faculty
- Building tours
- Academic Advisor office hours
- Ensemble rehearsals
Students should prepare 5–10 minutes of music for their practice audition. Refer to Audition Requirements.
Vocalists will be provided an accompanist and should bring their piano scores. Instrumentalists should be prepared to perform without an accompanist.