Thursday, October 3, 2019
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Steinbrenner Band Center • Hughes and Weigel Hall Studios
Each October, the School of Music invites high school juniors and seniors to take part in a special “Practice Audition Day.” Students considering music as a career option are encouraged to take this opportunity to meet Ohio State faculty and administrators, participate in studio classes, and have their singing or playing evaluated by faculty. Other topics covered during Practice Audition Day will include the following:
- The Ohio State and School of Music admissions process
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Tips on auditioning and playing in public
- Preparing for college music theory
- The Music Education program at Ohio State
Students should prepare 5 – 10 minutes of music for their practice audition. Refer to the Audition Requirements booklet [pdf].
Vocalists will be provided an accompanist and should bring their piano scores. Instrumentalists should be prepared to perform without an accompanist.
Practice Audition Day is a free event, but all students must register online to secure a spot in the program. Deadline: Monday, September 30.
Please note—due to the large number of students attending, we are unable to accommodate entire musical ensembles or field trips from a given high school. This day is designed for individual students considering a career in music.
- Check-in (Steinbrenner Band Center)
- Welcome and Admissions presentation
- Breakout sessions
- Q & A with recruiting officer, academic advisor and current students
- Audition Tips and Best Practices with faculty panel
- Lunch and warm-up
- Practice auditions (Hughes and Weigel Hall studios)
Visit the School of Music
For questions or further information please contact the Undergraduate Studies coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-2870.