Final Instructions for Saturday, March 26
High School Jazz Band Directors —
We are excited to welcome you and your group to the Ohio State High School Jazz Band Day on Saturday, March 25 at 10 a.m.
Please read all of the details below thoroughly.
INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT
We will provide the following:
- Drum set and cymbals
- Bass and guitar amplifiers
- If you need additional equipment, please email Dr. Brooks by March 20. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Remember to bring:
- Drum sticks
- Bass and guitar patch cords
- NOTE: do not bring saxophone fronts
ARRIVAL / LOADING / UNLOADING
There is a considerable amount of construction on campus. Please be mindful of your surroundings.
The new Timashev Family Music Building is located at 1900 College Road, Columbus, OH 43210.
Arriving by car/van — If you have nothing to unload, proceed directly to Arps Garage (open weekends for visitors) located off of College Rd. just north of the music building.
- Drivers — take your ticket with you and pay at the Pay-on-Foot station when you return to the garage.
- If needed, there is a 15-minute loading zone on Annie and John Glenn Ave. across from the music building. It is helpful to approach from the west, driving east, to pull into the spots.
Loading zone map [pdf]
Arriving by bus — Unload in front of Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43210
MAP TO MERSHON FOR DROP-OFF/PICK-UP [pdf]
- Approach on N. High St.
- Turn at the light (in front of Chick-fil-A) to enter the one-way driveway.
- Unload at the Mershon portico.
- After unloading, continue out to High St. and turn right. Follow the map below to park in the Buckeye Lots, near the Schottenstein Center.
- Pick-up at the end of your visit will occur at the same location. Please stay in touch with your bus driver via phone or text so that they can be in place for pick-up when you are ready.
- IMPORTANT — if you are planning to stay on campus beyond 6 p.m. please inform Dr. Brooks immediately. We will need to make alternate pick-up location arrangements.
Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. Once you arrive at Timashev Family Music Building, proceed to the Music Commons (first floor) to check in.
Note — due to construction on the new Theatre, Film and Media Arts building next door, you will enter via the south doors, just across from the east end of the Oval.
If you plan to eat on campus, we suggest that students bring money for one of the food options on High St. There are several options just across the street.
While on campus — Students are to remain with their group. The Ohio State University School of Music is not responsible for students who are in the care and custody of their school.
All are invited to attend the 46th Annual Ohio State Jazz Festival — March 22–26. All events are FREE. The concerts will also be livestreamed.
Email Dr. Robert D. Brooks, Jazz Band Day coordinator.