Concert Attendance Expectation
The School of Music expects all music majors to attend and support the performances and scholarly presentations by their peers and faculty in the School of Music. But why stop there when you can stretch beyond your own musical instrument, style, and discipline and embrace the musical diversity and performances that are available throughout the community.
Refer often to the School of Music Event Calendar for performances by student ensembles, faculty and guest artists, the Lectures in Musicology Series and other events. Students should attend these events regularly.
Opportunities and Student Discount Ticket Offers
Welcome to Columbus, where access to a rich and dynamic arts scene is just one of the many benefits of attending Ohio State. Get to know our major (and not-so-major) world-class music ensembles, dance and theatre organizations. Enjoy performances in venues ranging from historic turn-of-the-century theatres and concert halls to galleries, coffee shops, pizza places and open-air settings. Take advantage of the wide variety of engaging and creative programming these organizations offer.
Most arts organizations offer deeply discounted prices for students. And, many venues are easily accessible via the COTA — Central Ohio Transit Authority bus system which students ride for free with BuckID.
Each organization has its own Student Ticket policy. Reference the overviews below, but be sure to visit the website to confirm the latest ticket prices and policies.
- Ohio State Theatre • Drake Performance and Event Center, Cannon Dr.
- Ohio State Dance • Sullivant Hall, N. High St.
- Wexner Center for the Arts • 1871 N. High St.
CAPA — Columbus Association for the Performing Arts offers the GoFor5 program. Go For $5 is a discount ticket program designed to make the arts affordable and accessible for individuals ages 13–25 by offering $5 tickets to select performances from Columbus' top arts organizations. Visit the website for a list of events.
Students who purchase a $25 annual membership will receive free admission for one to all Masterworks concerts and post-concert events all season long, special membership emails, and the ability to purchase up to four additional student tickets for $8 each. Ticket purchase details.
- Enjoy a world-class chamber orchestra experience for only $11 with valid student ID.
- Snag some of the best seats available at time of purchase!
Student tickets are just $11 and are available to all students with valid ID by calling the ProMusica Box Office at 614.464.0066 ext. 101 or at the door the night of the concert.
Limit two tickets per student ID. Valid only for regular season performances;
excluding special events. Seating is subject to overall availability.
- Text PROMUSICA to 888111 to receive concert info. and reminders.
- Ticket purchase details [pdf]
- Student tickets ($15) are available at the door 2 hours prior to the performance. Students must show ID. Ticket purchase details.
- Student tickets are $15 with student ID. Ticket purchase details.
- Students, ages 13–25, can obtain a limited number of tickets for $5 (season $30). Older student tickets are half price. ID required. Ticket purchase details.
- College student rush tickets are available for $15 at the theatre starting two hours prior to showtime with a valid college ID. Dependent on availability.
- PNC All Access — Ages 13–25
$5 ticket vouchers (limit of 2). Purchase online or at the CAPA Ticket Center. To redeem, go to the venue’s ticket office 30-90 minutes prior to showtime and present proof of age.
[pdf] — A link on this page is to an Adobe .pdf file requiring Adobe Reader. If you need it in a more accessible format, please contact us.