Wellness initiatives include mind/body wellness, auditory and vocal health, and more!
- What Every Musician Needs to Know About the Body – Andover Educators® Recommended Reading
- Musicians' Injuries/Health Awareness in Music Schools – CBC Music post
Lynn Singleton, musician wellness specialist
- Office: 401B Mershon | Phone 614-315-2598
- Lynn Singleton is a specialist in injury prevention and rehabilitation, with certifications in Pilates, Yamuna® Body Rolling, Yoga Tune-Up™ Therapy, Reflexology and Restorative Exercise. She is an Allied Professional Health Care member of the Performing Arts Medicine Association.
Scott A. Jones, hearing wellness
- Free earbuds for every freshman; how/where/why
- Hearing wellness resources for Ohio State School of Music students
Scott A. Jones is associate professor of music and associate director of bands. During doctoral studies at the University of Minnesota, Dr. Jones became engaged with researchers exploring "music-induced hearing loss" in practicing musicians and music educators. He has advocated hearing conservation for music educators and students for over 14 years. Profile
Scott McCoy, vocal wellness
- Singing Health Specialization and the Swank Laboratory
- Care of the Speaking Voice, for Musicians and Music Teachers [pdf]
Scott McCoy, professor of voice and pedagogy, is the director of the Helen Swank Voice Teaching and Research Lab. His multimedia voice science and pedagogy textbook, Your Voice: An Inside View, is used extensively by colleges and universities throughout the United States and abroad. McCoy is a founding faculty member in the NYSTA Professional Development Program, teaching classes in Voice Anatomy & Physiology and Acoustics & Voice Analysis. Profile
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, please contact us.