Welcome to Audition Day
We are glad you have taken steps to audition for The Ohio State School of Music. We welcome you, and wish to make this day as educational and enjoyable as possible. Below you will find audition dates and information that will assist you with your visit to campus.
Visit Undergraduate Application Procedures for detailed instructions for admission to The Ohio State University and the School of Music.
Undergraduate Audition Dates for the 2019 – 2020 Academic Year
Please check dates carefully when selecting your audition date. Audition dates occur in the same months as OMEA Solo and Ensemble contests. Your college audition is an all-day commitment. Please do not plan to participate in both activities on the same day. The undergraduate audition dates for 2019 – 2020 are:
- Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Friday, January 18, 2019
- Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Saturday, February 9, 2019
A Typical Audition Day Schedule
Directions, Parking and Accommodations
- Driving directions and parking procedures for School of Music visitors
- Arts District map [pdf]
- Hotels close to campus (University Hospitality District)
- Dress for audition day can range from business casual to formal. You should look professional, yet feel comfortable.
- During the morning sessions, large instruments may be left in the main office of Weigel Hall, room 110.
- Coffee, tea and bagels are provided during check-in.
- Lunch is on your own. While there are many local restaurants close to Weigel Hall, you may wish to bring your own lunch to simplify logistics and maximize warm-up time.
- Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils for the Theory Placement Exam.
- In case of inclement weather or unavoidable travel delay, please take all the time that you need to arrive safely. If you miss the theory exam, you may arrange to take it during summer orientation. If a level 3 or above snow emergency is declared, audition day will be canceled and rescheduled. Travel safely!
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, please contact us.