June 16 – 19, 2019
This four-day experience provides high school saxophonists with diverse opportunities to develop as both classical and jazz musicians, engage with peers from around the state and region, and enjoy the college experience at Ohio State. Participants will work directly with saxophone professors Michael Rene Torres and Shawn Wallace in group activities, chamber ensembles, full saxophone ensemble and private lessons, and will benefit from additional instruction from current graduate and undergraduate saxophone students.
- Emphasis on classical and jazz styles
- Private lessons
- Master classes
- Technique classes
- Daily coached chamber ensembles
- Performance opportunities
Eligibility: For students entering grades 9 – 12 in the 2019 – 2020 school year, as well as 2019 high school graduates.
Instruments: All students must bring their own instruments, mouthpieces and reeds. In addition to their primary saxophone, students may bring their secondary saxophone.
Program fee – commuter: $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
Program fee – resident: $475 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
- Full registration deadline: May 22, 2019
- Limited registration deadline: June 12, 2019
Registration for Saxophone Camp 2019 is CLOSED.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Saxophone Camp curriculum, contact Michael Rene Torres or Shawn Wallace.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.