The student recital is an essential part of every performance and music education degree at the School of Music. Individual degree programs within the School of Music have different requirements, so students are advised to discuss those requirements with their studio instructor. The recital scheduling process begins in the semester prior to the semester of the recital. All students are advised to begin the process early to ensure that all deadlines can be met in a timely manner.
Download the Student Recital Guide (8/1/17) [pdf] for step-by-step instructions and answers to frequently asked questions. To begin, this Guide will inform you of the length of recital and dress rehearsal(s) required for your degree program. You will need to know these requirements in order to move to the next step to request recital dates and times.
"Permission to Schedule" Form
To begin the recital scheduling process, download the Permission to Schedule Student Recital (8/1/17) [pdf] form. This form MUST be completed and submitted at least six (6) weeks prior to your desired recital date.
1. With your studio teacher (recital advisor), fill out the Permission to Schedule form, as follows:
- Go to the Room Schedule;
- According to the required recital length guides found in the Recital Guide, find three potential recital dates/times and record them on the form;
- Obtain your studio teacher’s signature once the form is completed.
2. Submit the completed Permission to Schedule form electronically to the recital scheduling staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Your preferences will be considered and you will receive confirmation via email within 3–5 business days. Once confirmed, your recital packet will be emailed to you with additional instructions.
* If you are unable to submit your Permission to Schedule form electronically, you will need to contact the recital scheduling staff via email to make alternate arrangements.
Recital Program Template
Part of the recital preparation process includes preparing your printed program. Refer to the Recital Guidelines and Approval Form, included in our Recital Packet, to create your program, following the format found in the instructions. If you need technical assistance, email the program editor.*
Any questions about the scheduling process that are not answered in the Student Recital Guide should be directed to the recital scheduling staff at email@example.com.
*[docx]—Recital templates are Microsoft .docx files requiring Microsoft Word. If you are unable to download to Word, please email, noting type of device and/or description of the difficulty.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, please contact us.