Monday–Wednesday, June 14–16, 2021
Mon. 10 a.m.–12 p.m. • Tue. and Wed. 10 a.m.–12 p.m. and 2–4 p.m.
All times listed are Eastern Time — GMT/UTC
In this intensive three-day program, current and future leaders will broadly experience leadership from a holistic perspective within a music education context through guided discussion, personal inventory, team creations and more. The Intensive is designed to develop and prepare leadership skills for students interested in being or becoming effective examples in their school music programs and beyond.
Program director: Jordan Saul
Associated faculty, choral music education
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 10–12 in the 2021–2022 school year and 2021 high school graduates.
FEE — $100
REGISTRATION DEADLINE — Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Enrollment maximum: 20
What to Expect
- Broadly experience leadership from a holistic viewpoint and with a music education context
- Adequately prepare the knowledge and skills necessary to be an active member of a school music program leadership team
- Identify and target core values necessary for authentic leadership in the music program
- Experience and reflect on multiple leadership styles found in school music programs through guided observation and questioning
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Leadership Intensive curriculum, contact Jordan Saul at email@example.com.
- For questions about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.