June 10 – 26, 2019
Steinbrenner Band Center, Ohio Stadium • Gate 10 at Ohio Stadium
This daily workshop (Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 12 noon) offers two weeks of motivational hands-on training in technique and aural skill development, participation in chamber music ensembles, and large orchestra rehearsals in a fun, non-competitive atmosphere. While this workshop is designed to meet the needs of students from various training styles, all students should have at least one year of playing experience.
Program director: Professor Robert Gillespie
- Instrument-specific technique development and creative ear training designed for different experience levels
- Daily small-group chamber ensemble coaching
- Four orchestras grouped by skill level
- Large teaching staff allowing for more individualized instruction
- Opportunity to play with other string students from central Ohio
- Monday, June 10–Tuesday, June 25 (Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 12 noon). This daily schedule is firm. We are unable to provide supervision prior to or after the program ends each day.
- The dress rehearsal will take place in Weigel Hall on main campus the morning of Wednesday, June 26.
- Finale concert will be held Wednesday, June 26 at 7 p.m. in Weigel Hall Auditorium, 1866 College Rd. Directions and Parking
- Full registration deadline: May 22, 2019
- Limited registration deadline: June 5, 2019
Registration for Morning String Student Workshop 2019 is CLOSED.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding the Morning Strings curriculum, contact Robert Gillespie at email@example.com or call 614-292-2336.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.