Ohio State’s highest priority is the health and well-being of our community, and the university follows public health guidance in all decisions.
We hope to return with our full complement of Youth Summer Music Programs for 2021. Check these web pages often for updates.
We look forward to seeing you in Summer 2021.
This daily workshop (Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 12 noon) offers two weeks of motivational hands-on training in technique and aural skill development, participation in chamber music ensembles, and large orchestra rehearsals in a fun, non-competitive atmosphere. While this workshop is designed to meet the needs of students from various training styles, all students should have at least one year of playing experience.
Professor Robert Gillespie
- Instrument-specific technique development and creative ear training designed for different experience levels
- Daily small-group chamber ensemble coaching
- Four orchestras grouped by skill level
- Large teaching staff allowing for more individualized instruction
- Opportunity to play with other string students from central Ohio
Daily Schedule Overview
- June 15–26, Mon.–Fri., 9 a.m.–12 noon. This daily schedule is firm. We are unable to provide supervision prior to or after the program ends each day.
- The dress rehearsal will take place on main campus.
- Finale concert will be held June 26 (time/location TBA). Directions and Parking
For students entering grades 4 – 9 in the 2021 – 2022 school year, with at least one year of playing experience.
2. 2020 FEE: $295 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
3. REGISTRATION DEADLINES for 2021 will be announced.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding the Morning Strings curriculum, contact Robert Gillespie at email@example.com or call 614-292-2336.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.