May 31 – June 3, 2020
Watch for 2020 updates.
Bassoon Camp is customized for bassoonists of all experience levels in grades 8 through 12. The program atmosphere is designed to be informative, inspirational, supportive and enjoyable. In addition to large-ensemble and chamber music playing, students will learn and refine reed making skills, develop performance enhancement strategies, explore solo repertoire, and much more! Become part of the world-wide community of bassoonists by taking part in Bassoon Camp at Ohio State.
Program director: Professor Karen Pierson, bassoon
Eligibility: For students entering grades 8 – 12 in the 2020 – 2021 school year, as well as 2020 high school graduates.
Program fee – commuter: $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
Program fee – resident: $475 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
Watch for 2020 updates here.
Daily Schedule Overview — A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Sunday — 2:30 p.m. (mandatory orientation) to approx. 9 p.m.
- Monday–Tuesday — 9:30 a.m. to approx. 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday — 9:30 a.m. start; concert at 2:30 p.m.
- Full registration deadline: May 6
- Limited registration deadline: May 27
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding the Bassoon Camp curriculum, contact Karen Pierson at email@example.com / 614-292-4619.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.