Ohio State’s highest priority is the health and well-being of our community, and the university follows public health guidance in all decisions.
Bass Camp will not be offered during the summer of 2021. We hope to return with our full complement of Youth Summer Music Programs in future years. Check these web pages often for updates.
This four-day experience provides high school bassists with diverse opportunities to develop as both classical and jazz musicians, engage with peers, and enjoy the college experience at Ohio State. Participants will work directly with Ohio State’s bass professor Barry Green and various guest artists. Bass Camp inspires and educates beyond the bass with classes in rhythm, theory, voice and movement. Program includes chamber ensembles, full bass orchestra, private lessons and evening faculty concerts, as well as a final performance featuring all the participants.
Professor Barry Green
- Emphasis on classical and jazz styles
- Private lessons
- Master classes
- Technique, voice, rhythm and movement classes
- Daily coached chamber ensembles
- Performance opportunities
For students entering grades 9 – 12 in the 2021–2022 school year, and 2021 high school graduates.
- Also bring rock stops, resin, solo music and orchestra repertoire or etudes for master classes.
3. 2020 FEES
- Commuter: $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
- Resident: $475 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
4. Future plans TBA.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Bass Camp curriculum, contact Barry Green.
- For questions about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.