June 28 – July 1, 2020
This four-day experience provides high school bassists with diverse opportunities to develop as both classical and jazz musicians, engage with peers from around the state and country, and enjoy the college experience at Ohio State. Participants will work directly with Ohio State’s bass professor Barry Green and guest artists. Bass Camp inspires and educates beyond the bass with classes in rhythm, theory, voice and movement. Program includes chamber ensembles, full bass orchestra, private lessons and evening faculty concerts, as well as the concluding Sunday evening program featuring all the participants in small and large ensembles.
- Emphasis on classical and jazz styles
- Private lessons
- Master classes
- Technique, voice, rhythm and movement classes
- Daily coached chamber ensembles
- Performance opportunities
Eligibility: For students entering grades 9 – 12 in the 2020–2021 school year, as well as 2020 high school graduates.
- Also bring rock stops, resin, solo music and orchestra repertoire or etudes for master classes.
Program fee – commuter: $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
Program fee – resident: $475 — Tuition, T-shirt and housing with three meals per day.
Registration opens here on Feb. 1, 2020.
- Full registration deadline: June 3
- Limited registration deadline: June 24
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Bass Camp curriculum, contact Barry Green.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.