Participation in Credit Laboratories
Four Elective Credit Laboratories are offered for the in-person/on-campus workshop.
All are welcome to enroll. You will be asked to indicate your first and second choices (if applicable) on the In-Person Registration form.
Due to space considerations, priority is given to those wishing to earn graduate or CEU credit.
- Chamber Music (Deborah Price, clinician)
- Conducting (Miriam Burns)
- Creating Effective Warm-Ups (Robert Gillespie)
- Technology (Erin Broadhurst)
Detailed descriptions of the Workshop Laboratories
Those wishing to earn Continuing Education Units for the String Teacher Workshop must fulfill requirements noted on the Continuing Education Credit page.
GRADUATE CREDIT AVAILABLE
Course number: MUSIC 7754–010
Midwest Summer String Teachers Seminar
2 credits — Robert Gillespie
Seminar on current materials, music, assessment procedures, and strategies for teaching string/orchestra in the schools. Prerequisite: Undergraduate degree in Music. Repeatable to a maximum of 20 hours.
- Watch for more information including application procedures. NOTE — this will be the next step after completing and submitting the Workshop registration form.
Questions? Contact Robert Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details about graduate credit.