The workshop begins at 2 p.m. Monday, July 13 and concludes at 12 p.m. Saturday, July 18.
Workshop participants must register online by FRIDAY, JUNE 19, 2020, except the following:
- Participants registering for graduate credit will have an earlier deadline. You must complete BOTH the Workshop registration AND the graduate course registration [TBD] via the Ohio State Office of Distance and e-Learning (ODEE) by June [TBD], 2020.
After submitting a Workshop registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions and several different options for paying your workshop deposit, tuition and housing fees.
Tuition and Housing
NOTE: the $75 deposit required to secure your Workshop registration is included in tuition cost.
Tuition for String Teacher Workshop 2020 includes rates for ASTA student members. College/university students who are registered student members of ASTA are eligible to enroll in the workshop at a discounted rate as noted below. Students can enroll in the non-credit track or for graduate credit. Student ASTA discounts do not include housing.
- $605 — Non-credit participants
- $625 — CEU participants (3.5 Continuing Education Units)
- $705 — Graduate credit participants (2 academic semester credits)
- $150 — Non-credit ASTA student member (tuition only; no housing)
- $250 — Graduate credit ASTA student member (tuition only; no housing)
You will have several campus housing options for the duration of the workshop. You will be asked to indicate your selection on the String Teacher Workshop registration form (per-person rates below). Room/meal rates reflect 2020 prices.
$ 155 double room* without meals
$ 259 double room with meals
$ 310 single room without meals
$ 414 single room with meals
* Double rooms subject to availability.
University Housing and Meals — includes five nights with Monday breakfast through Saturday breakfast, all towels, linens and soap. Summer conference parking updates TBD.
Early or Late Arrival
Participants arriving or departing at an earlier/later date must indicate such while completing the online registration form. Early-arrival and late-departure dormitory housing will not be available this year. If your travel plans require additional housing before or after the workshop, please book a room at The Blackwell Inn on campus or at one of the convenient off-campus hotels.
- Visit Hotels, Dining and More to explore options for nearby accommodations and amenities.
- A nearby hotel may be available at a reduced rate for attendees. For details email the Workshop administrator.
Directions and Parking
Visit Us for directions to the School of Music and nearby parking options.