Workshop participants must register online by FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2019, except the following:
- Participants registering for graduate credit will have an earlier deadline. You must complete BOTH the Workshop registration AND the graduate course registration via the Ohio State Office of Distance and e-Learning (ODEE) by FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 2019.
After submitting a Workshop registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions and several different options for paying your workshop deposit, tuition and housing fees.
NOTE: the $75 deposit required to secure your Workshop registration is included in tuition cost.
Tuition updates for String Teacher Workshop 2019 now include rates for ASTA student members. College/university students who are registered student members of ASTA are eligible to enroll in the workshop at a discounted rate as noted below. Students can enroll in the non-credit track or for graduate credit. Student ASTA discounts do not include housing.
- $650 — Non-credit participants
- $670 — CEU participants (4.3 Continuing Education Units)
- $750 — Graduate credit participants (2 academic semester credits)
- $150 — Non-credit ASTA student member (tuition only; no housing)
- $250 — Graduate credit ASTA student member (tuition only; no housing)
The workshop begins at 4 p.m. SUNDAY, JULY 7 and concludes at 12 p.m. SATURDAY, JULY 13.
You have several campus housing options for the duration of the workshop. You will be asked to indicate your selection on the String Teacher Workshop registration form (per-person rates below). Room/meal rates reflect 2019 prices.
$ 199.95 double room* without meals
$ 345.95 double room with meals
$ 399.90 single room without meals
$ 545.90 single room with meals
* Double rooms subject to availability.
University Housing and Meals — includes six nights with Monday breakfast through Saturday breakfast, all towels, linens and soap. Summer Conference 2018 Parking Information [pdf]
Early or Late Arrival
Participants arriving or departing at an earlier/later date must indicate such while completing the online registration form. Early-arrival and late-departure dormitory housing will not be available this year. If your travel plans require additional housing before or after the workshop, please book a room at The Blackwell Inn on campus or at one of the convenient off-campus hotels.
- Visit Hotels, Dining and More to explore options for nearby accommodations and amenities.
- A nearby hotel is available at a reduced rate for attendees. For details email the Workshop administrator.
Directions and Parking
Visit Us for directions to the School of Music and nearby parking options.