Final reminders for accepted participants:
Saturday, March 2, 2019
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
(Check in 8:15–9 a.m.)
Weigel Auditorium, Room 174, Room 177
Thank you for your interest in attending "Leadership from the Podium: Music Directors as Agents of Change." We are excited to have you as a guest in The Ohio State School of Music.
Here are a few things to consider as you make your way to campus for the day.
- The Arps, Ohio Union North and Ohio Union South parking garages will be open to visitors. Directions and Parking
- Check-in at Weigel Hall Lobby between 8:15 – 9 a.m.
- Materials and resources will be distributed at check-in.
- Lunch will be catered by Panera Bread Catering Service. We have made every effort to have something for everyone's dietary needs.
Please complete the survey below before you arrive for the event on Saturday. It is part of a research project aimed at exploring the attitudes and ideas music teachers have about programming and curriculum. By completing the survey before Saturday, you will be entered into a raffle which will be held at the end of the event.
Possible prizes include:
- A full band set of music by one of the composers featured at the event (5 winners).
- A $20 Amazon gift card (5 winners).
You must be present at the drawing to win.
NOTE: this survey is to be completed ONLY by those who have registered and been accepted to participate in the Leadership event.
We look forward to welcoming you on Saturday.
Meet the Guest Composers
Workshop activities will include reading sessions of works appropriate for school ensembles by guest composers Jennifer Jolley, Nicole Piunno and Lisa Galvin; a panel discussion on initiating and sustaining change in the school and community; and a performance of Jolley’s composition The Eyes of the World are Upon You by the Ohio State Wind Symphony.
Visit the School of Music
- For questions about this event, email the registrar, Trevor Marcho.