October 4 – 5
Ohio State Flute Studio Alumni and Current Students,
The Ohio State Flute Studio Reunion features YOU — alumni and current students of Professor Katherine Borst Jones — performing on piccolo The Stars and Stripes Forever by John Philip Sousa with The Ohio State University Marching Band.
We will have nearly 60 piccolos on the field during half-time of the Homecoming Game against Michigan State.
The schedule can change. Keep watching your email and checking this page.
FRIDAY, OCT. 4
3:45–4 p.m. — Check-in at the Steinbrenner Band Center, east side of the stadium, Gate 10
4:30 p.m. — Rehearsals. Brief sectional in the band center and then on the practice field with the Marching Band
7 p.m. — Catered dinner at The Lincoln Theatre, 769 E. Long St., Columbus
- Dinner is casual. We will all be in our rehearsal attire.
SATURDAY, OCT. 5
1:30 p.m. — Call time at Steinbrenner Band Center
2:30–3:30 p.m. — Rehearse at practice field
3:30–4:45 p.m. — MEAL (Steinbrenner Band Center)
5:15 p.m. — Skull Session (St. John Arena)
7:30 p.m. — Kickoff
- All rehearsals are mandatory.
- Bring your own piccolo.
- Please note that the version of “The Stars and Stripes Forever” that we will be performing has changed! Find the music and listening sample below.
- If you haven’t made your hotel arrangements yet, The University Hospitality District web page is a wonderful resource.
- If you have dietary restrictions, please let us know as soon as possible. In addition to the Friday dinner, a meal will be provided on Saturday between the Skull Session and the game.
- Dress code for Saturday’s performance is black pants, shoes and socks. We will wear our Flute Homecoming long-sleeved T-shirts. Bring a black turtleneck to layer, in case of chilly weather.
- We play, rain or shine. We will show you how to protect your instrument if it rains.