Sunday, October 6, 2019
Hughes Hall • 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Because of construction of the new Ohio State School of Music facilities, and the temporary closing of Weigel Hall, enrollment for Bass Day will be limited to 50 participants.
- Barry Green's new BASSERSIZE exercises to grooves and videos
- Large-ensemble bass orchestra led by featured guest artist, Jeffrey Turner
- Master class for advanced players with guest bassist Tracy Rowell and Jeffrey Turner
- With small-group sessions on elective topics such as:
- Auditions and Mobile App for the Bass with Paul Robinson
- Jazz Bass and Improvisation with Doug Richeson
- Lecture demonstrations with Garry Wasserman and Mike Brosius
- Special afternoon concert by faculty artists
- Finale concert featuring all student participants and the faculty bass ensemble. Open to parents and friends of Bass Day Participants.
Eligibility: students in grades 6 – 12 with at least one year of playing experience.
Program fee: $40 (instruction and lunch)
Registration deadline: Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019
Barry Green, professor of double bass
Registration is now closed.
Registration must be completed, and all required forms and payment (Steps Two and Three below) must be submitted by TUESDAY, OCT. 1.
Program registration consists of three steps:
Step One—Registration is now closed.
Step Two — Payment.
To complete the registration process, your payment ($40) must be received. Pay the participation fee online according to the instructions contained in your registration confirmation email. You will then see a "Checkout complete" screen acknowledging that your payment is in process, and an order number.
If you choose to pay by check (made payable to "The Ohio State University"), mail to the School of Music at the address below. You will receive confirmation by email within 7–10 business days.
The Ohio State University School of Music
ATTN: Bass Day Registrar
110 Weigel Hall
1866 College Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210
Step Three—Required forms. Parents or guardians are required to print out, complete, sign and send the following forms:
- Parental Permission Form for Bass Day [pdf]
- Ohio State Photo Release Form [pdf]
- Standards of Behavior Form [pdf]
Mail the completed and signed forms to the address above, or scan and email them to the Bass Day registrar.
You will receive a welcome email with further instructions about program attendance approximately two weeks before the event.
Visit the School of Music
For questions regarding Bass Day details, contact the program director, Professor Barry Green.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.