Saturday, April 9, 2022
10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (revised hours)
Bass players in grades 6–12 with at least one year of playing experience are invited to join Barry Green and friends for Bass Day 2022 — a fun and engaging day of activities, learning and music-making.
- Barry Green's new BASSERSIZE exercises to grooves and videos
- Large-ensemble bass orchestra led by featured guest artists, Andrés Martín and Jason Heath
- Master class for advanced players with guest bassists Tracy Rowell, Andrés Martín and Jason Heath
- With small-group sessions on elective topics such as:
- Auditions and Mobile App for the Bass with Paul Robinson
- Jazz Bass and Improvisation with Milton V. Ruffin
- Lecture demonstrations with Garry Wasserman and Mike Brosius
- Special afternoon concert by faculty artists
- Finale concert featuring all student participants and the faculty bass ensemble. Open to parents and friends of Bass Day participants.
Eligibility: students in grades 6 – 12 with at least one year of playing experience.
Program fee: $40, including lunch
A pizza lunch has been generously provided by our friends at The Loft Violin Shop. If you have dietary restrictions and prefer not to eat pizza, feel welcome to bring whatever you prefer.
Registration deadline: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6
Barry Green, professor of double bass
Registration and Payment
The registration process for Bass Day consists of several steps:
STEP 1. Complete the online registration form and pay the program fee ($40) by credit card. An email confirmation will be delivered a few minutes after submitting payment. DEADLINE — APRIL 6
STEP 2. Complete and submit required forms. After registering, parents and students will receive the required participation forms via DocuSign. The forms must be completed and submitted by THURSDAY, APRIL 7 in order to participate.STEP 3. FINAL INSTRUCTIONS. Approximately one week prior to the event, all registered participants will receive an email with detailed information for April 9, including arrival, parking, check-in, instruments, what to bring, and more.
Contact program director Barry Green at email@example.com.