Music Minor Course Offerings
Love music but planning to major in another field? Were you a high school musician and want to become in involved in music on campus?
We offer two minors in Music - the Music Minor and the minor in Music, Media, and Enterprise.
- Be advised that the Music Minor requires at least one course in Music Theory. Taking the Theory Placement Exam (TPE) is a prerequisite for Music Theory. You need not register to take the exam.
- Upcoming TPE dates are as follows. For start time see Schedule on this page.
- Saturday, January 28, 2017
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Exams are held in Hughes Hall Auditorium, 1899 N. College Rd. Allow up to 1½ hours to take the exam. Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils.
- Important: theory courses often fill early. Passing the exam does not guarantee immediate placement in the course.
- If you have questions, contact Undergraduate Studies Coordinator Eva Banks at email@example.com or call (614) 292-2870.
We also offer a number of General Education (GE) courses in music; students in all areas of study are welcome. Non-majors are encouraged to participate in ensembles and enroll in GE courses and group classes:
- GE and Music Minor information [pdf] (rev. 6/10/16). Please consult your college's GE course list and/or academic advisor to confirm that these courses satisfy GE requirements in your area of study.
- Participate in one of our many Ensembles. Learn more about the ways that non-music majors can be involved with the School of Music.
Applied Lessons for Non-Majors
Non-majors interested in taking private lessons for academic credit must receive permission from the studio professor. Please refer to the People directory for each studio professor’s contact information. Instructional fees will apply.
Course information: Applied Lessons MUS 2216.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, please contact us.