Sundays at 1 p.m.
WOSU Classical 101 FM opens its series Concerts @ Ohio State on January 5, 2020. Host Christopher Purdy presents performances by students and faculty of The Ohio State University School of Music. Selected works were performed in Weigel Hall and Mershon Auditorium on the Ohio State campus.
Listen to Concerts @ Ohio State, every Sunday at 1 p.m.
Tune to Classical 101 FM or stream Classical 101.
- Milhaud: Le creation du monde — Ohio State Chamber Winds conducted by Russel C. Mikkelson
- Schocker: Coffee Nerves for Four Flutes — Flute Troupe conducted by Katherine Borst Jones
- Beethoven/Liszt: Symphony 9 in D minor, Op. 125: IV — Ryan Behan, piano; Caroline Hong, piano
- Berlin: Alexander’s Ragtime Band — Flute Troupe conducted by Katherine Borst Jones
- Schumann: Manfred Overture — Ohio State Symphony Orchestra conducted by Ching-Chun Lai
- Maslanka: Recitation Book for Saxophone Quartet — Hyperion Quartet: Frankie Wantuch, Michael Weintraub, Nick Young, Scott Snyder
- Pergolesi: Stabat Mater — Women’s Glee Club and Symphonic Choir conducted by Kristina Caswell MacMullen
- Bartok: From 44 Duos for Two Violins: Arabian Dance – Pizzicato – Transylvanian Dance — Kia-Hui Tan, violin; Li Tong, violin
- Ticheli: An American Elegy — Symphonic Band conducted by Alexander Gonzalez
- Schubert: Impromptus for Piano Nos. 3 and 4, Op. 90 — Steven Glaser, piano
- Waltz for Tomorrow; Beatrice; Bag’s Groove — Rusty Burge, vibes; Mark Rubinstein, piano; Andy Woodson, bass; Jim Rupp, drums
- W. Francis McBeth: Of Sailors and Whales — Collegiate Winds; William Ballenger, narrator
- Chopin: Fantasy in F Minor, Op. 49 — Steven Glaser, piano
- Jackson County Jubilee; Corner Pocket; Shiny Stockings; Cute — The Ohio State Jazz Ensemble, “Basically Basie” — Kristopher Keith, director
- Mahler: Totenfeier — The Ohio State Symphony Orchestra conducted by Ching-Chun Lai
- Beethoven/Liszt: Symphony 9 in D Minor, Op. 125: I — Ryan Behan, piano; Caroline Hong, piano
- De Meij: Symphony 1 — The Lord of the Rings: Gandalf (The Wizard), Lothlorien (The Elvenwood) — The Ohio State Wind Symphony conducted by Russel C. Mikkelson
- Rossini: Overture to The Italian Girl in Algiers — Ewazen: Roaring Fork — The Ohio State Wind Symphony conducted by Russel C. Mikkelson
- A Jubilant Gloria; Blagoslovi, dushe moya, Gospoda; Shenandoah — The Ohio State Men’s Glee Club conducted by Robert Ward
- Hindemith: Symphonic Metamorphosis of Themes by Carl Maria von Weber — The Ohio State Symphony Orchestra conducted by Miriam Burns
- Dickerson: Essay for Band — The Ohio State Symphonic Band and University Band
- The Lost Lady Found; Where Dwells the Soul of My Love; Consecrate the Place and Day — The Ohio State University Chorus
- Tommasini: Fiddle States for Violin Duet — Kia-Hui Tan, violin; Li Tong, violin
- Bolcom: Clarinet Concerto — Alyssa Powell, clarinet; The Ohio State Symphony Orchestra conducted by Miriam Burns
- Orff: Carmina Burana — The Ohio State Symphonic Choir; University Chorus; Men’s Glee Club; Women’s Glee Club; Hilliard Girls Club and Ohio State faculty and staff from all units. Regan Tackett, Elizabeth Blanquera, soprano; Daniel Stein, tenor; Wil Tao and Nic Watkins, baritone — Richard Bjella conducts