June 23 — 28, 2019
The Middle School Concert Band Academy (Mon. – Fri., 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.) is specifically designed for middle-level concert band musicians to enrich their understanding of music in an enjoyable, non-competitive and positive week-long program. In addition to rehearsals in the large ensemble, students will take part in instrument-specific master classes, as well as choosing two electives (jazz intro, world drumming, ukelele, piano). The program will conclude with a band performance that is free and open to the public.
Program director: Professor David Hedgecoth
- Morning music FUNdamentals
- Ensemble and sectional rehearsals led by experienced staff
- Varied, engaging repertoire
- Daily elective activities including jazz intro, world drumming, ukulele and piano
- Finale concert
Daily Schedule Overview
The Middle School Concert Band Academy will begin with orientation sessions and seating auditions on Sunday, June 23 from 2 – 6 p.m.
- Sunday — Woodwind/percussion orientation, 2 – 4 p.m.; brass orientation 4 – 6 p.m.
- Monday–Friday — 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (This daily schdule is firm. We are unable to provide supervision prior to or after the program ends each day.)
The dress rehearsal and final concert will take place in Weigel Hall on Friday, June 28. The concert, 4 – 5 p.m., is free and open to the public.
A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Full registration deadline: May 29, 2019
- Limited registration deadline: June 19, 2019
Registration for Middle School Concert Band Academy 2019 is CLOSED.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding Middle School Concert Band Academy curriculum, contact David Hedgecoth at email@example.com.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email the Youth Summer Music Programs registrar.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.