June 21 — 26, 2020
2020 location TBA.
The Middle School Concert Band Academy (Mon. – Fri., 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.) is specifically designed for middle-level concert band musicians to enrich their understanding of music in an enjoyable, non-competitive and positive week-long program. In addition to rehearsals in the large ensemble, students will take part in instrument-specific master classes, as well as choosing two electives (jazz intro, world drumming, ukelele, piano). The program will conclude with a band performance that is free and open to the public.
Program director: Phillip A. Day
- Morning music FUNdamentals
- Ensemble and sectional rehearsals led by experienced staff
- Varied, engaging repertoire
- Daily elective activities including jazz intro, world drumming, ukulele and piano
- Finale concert
Eligibility: for students entering grades 7 – 9 in the 2020 – 2021 school year.
Registration opens here on Feb. 1, 2020.
- Full registration deadline: May 27
- Limited registration deadline: June 17
Daily Schedule Overview
The Middle School Concert Band Academy will begin with orientation sessions and seating auditions (date/time TBA).
- Sunday — Woodwind/percussion orientation, 2 – 4 p.m.; brass orientation 4 – 6 p.m.
- Monday–Friday — 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (This daily schdule is firm. We are unable to provide supervision prior to or after the program ends each day.)
The finale concert (date/time TBA) is free and open to the public.
A detailed daily schedule will be provided approximately three weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions or concerns about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.
[pdf]—Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.