For Academic Year 2020–2021
Applicants for Graduate Studies in Music
In order for applications and supporting materials to be received by the deadlines posted below, applicants are strongly advised to submit everything as early as possible.
Graduate Admissions requires a minimum of 2 business days and up to 7 business days to process your application and materials submitted with it. Applications are not processed on weekends nor holidays.
Dates below are for Autumn 2020 admission unless otherwise noted. Fellowship and Graduate Associate funding are only offered to those applying for Autumn 2020. Please read through all dates.
November 30, 2019
- Fellowship — Priority for funding will be given to qualified domestic and international applicants whose completed application and supporting materials are received by NOVEMBER 30, unless otherwise noted below.
- Piano — The application and materials, and the pre-screen audition, must all be received/completed by NOVEMBER 30. Details at Piano Auditions–Graduate Degree Programs.
Voice — The application and materials, and the pre-screen audition, must all be received/completed by NOVEMBER 30. Details at Voice Auditions–Graduate Degree Programs.
December 9, 2019
- Strings — Applicants seeking Fellowship consideration must submit a pre-audition video recording via YouTube upload by DECEMBER 9. Details at String Auditions–Graduate Degree Programs.
January 1, 2020
Musicology ONLY — Applicants seeking a Graduate Associateship must submit applications and all supporting materials by January 1.
(Non-musicology majors — see March 1 below).
January 18, 2020
- All Performance majors — Applicants who wish to be considered for a Fellowship must audition by January 18.
February 19, 2020
- Summer 2020 International students — Applicants who do not want funding must have applications and all supporting materials received by February 19. Applications for Summer are accepted for MA and PhD only (this does NOT include MA in Pedagogy).
March 1, 2020
- Graduate Associate — Applicants seeking a Graduate Associateship must submit applications and all supporting materials by March 1.
Exceptions: This date does NOT apply to Piano and Voice majors — see NOVEMBER 30 above; Musicology majors — see Jan. 1 above.
April 13, 2020
- Autumn 2020 — Applicants who do not want funding must have applications and all supporting materials received by April 13 (both domestic and international applicants).
Exceptions: This date does NOT apply to Piano and Voice majors — see NOVEMBER 30 above.
Please note — auditions will not be scheduled for anyone who has not submitted an application through Graduate Admissions at gradapply.osu.edu.