Graduate Degree Programs
Audition Information for Prospective Graduate Students in Strings,
All degree paths (MA, MM, DMA)
Audition procedure for any string applicant wishing to be considered for a fellowship to support their studies at Ohio State:
- All prospective fellowship candidates must submit a pre-audition video recording via YouTube upload and email the link to the strings area head via firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submitting your audition video is Monday, Dec. 9, 2019.
- A limited number of fellowship finalists will be invited to live, on-campus auditions to be held Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020.
- For information on repertoire requirements and submission procedure, consult the Ohio State instructor for your instrument.
ALL OTHER GRADUATE STRING APPLICANTS
Audition procedure for any string student not seeking financial assistance to support their studies at Ohio State:
- You may register for an appointment for live on-campus auditions to be held Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020.
- Appointments for these on-campus auditions must be made through the School of Music Graduate Studies Office.
- All prospective string graduate students are encouraged to consider submitting a recorded video audition via YouTube upload. For information on repertoire requirements and submission procedure, consult the Ohio State instructor for your instrument.
- Submit a comprehensive repertoire list, and provide programs and reviews (if available) of concerts performed.
- The audition should consist of about 30 minutes of music including repertoire from at least three stylistic periods.