For Academic Year 2020–2021
VOICE is now closed — we are no longer accepting Voice applications for Autumn 2020.
The Audition Process for Academic Year 2020–2021
Students who meet the qualifications for the University Fellowship or Graduate Enrichment Fellowship Competitions must audition on or before January 18, 2020.
These fellowship competitions are very competitive and following auditions, music faculty makes recommendations to the Chair of Graduate Studies for nomination consideration to the university-wide competitions. Approximately 6 students are nominated from the School of Music.
*You must submit an application and upload required materials with the application, prior to scheduling an audition.* If you have not yet done so, go to Graduate Students — How to Apply.
NOTE: Please allow 1–2 business days before requesting an audition, so that we may have time to verify the receipt of your application.
Carefully review and follow the audition requirements for your area:
Please note that:
- The Conducting, Piano and Voice areas require the submission of pre-screen videos for all applicants.
- The Strings area requires the submission of a pre-screen video ONLY if you wish Fellowship consideration.
- Brass, Percussion and Woodwinds do NOT require pre-screen submissions.
Go to Graduate Audition Dates and follow the instructions.
- Piano and Voice: IF invited, schedule live auditions through GetAcceptd.
- Brass and Percussion: Contact appropriate faculty as noted at the bottom of the Graduate Audition Dates page.
- Conducting: Contact appropriate faculty member as noted in Step 2.C on the Graduate Student — How to Apply page.
- Woodwind and Strings: Choose a date then contact Ms. Rebecca Harrah to schedule audition.
Please note: Due to the volume of auditions that we hold, we are not able to contact applicants individually.