Wind Symphony • Symphonic Band • Collegiate Winds •
Orchestra Winds and Percussion
(Audition is not required for University Band membership)
Autumn 2019 updates will be posted in midsummer.
Download audition materials for your instrument from the list below. Each packet includes schedule, instructions and musical excerpts. NOTE: Excerpts will change between semesters/academic years.
NON-MUSIC MAJORS auditioning for membership in Collegiate Winds (not Symphonic Band or Wind Symphony): prepare ONLY the Compulsories and the Lyrical Etude in your audition packet. You will also be asked to sight read.
ALL OTHERS: prepare all material in the packet for your instrument. You will also be asked to sight read.
- Flute/Piccolo [pdf]
- Oboe [pdf]
- Bassoon [pdf]
- Clarinet [pdf]
- Bass Clarinet [pdf]
- Alto Saxophone [pdf]
- Tenor Saxophone [pdf]
- Horn [pdf]
- Trumpet [pdf]
- Trombone [pdf]
- Bass Trombone [pdf]
- Euphonium [pdf]
- Tuba [pdf]
- Percussion [pdf]
There are no blank pages in the pdf files. Contact us to report download issues or missing pages.
If you have read all instructions and have additional questions, contact the band office.
Audition Schedule • Spring Semester 2019
Auditions for concert bands and Symphony Orchestra winds and percussion will take place in Weigel or Hughes Hall locations indicated below (this schedule is included in each audition packet listed above).
Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. — Flute (Hughes 109)
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. — Clarinet (Weigel 177)
Monday, Dec. 3, 2018
- 8:30 – 11 a.m. — Trombone (Weigel Auditorium)
- 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. — Saxophone (Weigel 177)
Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Euphonium/Tuba (Hughes 219)
- 1:30 – 4:00 p.m. — Trumpet (Hughes Auditorium)
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. — Percussion (Weigel 174)
Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018
- 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. — Bassoon (Weigel Auditorium)
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Oboe (Weigel Auditorium)
- 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. — Horn (Weigel 177)
The [pdf] links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, contact us.