[no live audiences 2020-21]
You've worked hard to prepare your recital. Here are some ideas to help build your audience.
- Set up a Facebook event and share it with your friends and family. Be sure to include all details. For example, if this is their first time to campus, they will need to know about construction and parking details. We suggest you link directly to Visit the School of Music.
- For off-campus recitals, be sure to confirm parking details with your venue.
- Use other social media such as Instagram and/or Twitter.
- In social posts, make your recital personal. Tell a story. Is there a reason you selected a particular piece? Is the repertoire special to you in a particular way? Did you learn or accomplish something particularly interesting while preparing this program? Are you dedicating your recital to someone? Give a shout-out to your accompanist!
- Design a poster. Be sure to include all details and make it easy to read.
- Email your potential audience — include your designed poster, if you have one.
- Expand your idea of "audience":
- The membership of your other clubs
- High school/private music teachers/mentors
- Employers/work colleagues
- School of Music and other faculty
- You may hang posters around Hughes Hall one month prior to your recital.
- Please remove the posters after the event is over.
- Graduate recitals will be posted to the event calendar at music.osu.edu, once notice is received that all documentation is completed and approved by recital staff and the production manager.
Enjoy your performance!