Academic Year 2021–2022
The safety of our community is our top priority. Due to safety restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, certain limitations and protocols will apply to student lockers. Please follow all guidelines and instructions carefully.
Housed in Weigel and Hughes Halls, the School of Music provides lockers in a variety of sizes to accommodate the storage of instruments as well as books and personal effects. Students may request a locker through an application process.
Applications are limited to music majors ONLY through the first full week of classes in autumn semester.
Eligible Ohio State students participating in School of Music ensembles may apply for a locker beginning September 1, and at any time through the remainder of the school year.
Due to COVID-19 safety regulations, there has been a significant reduction in our available locker inventory. Until we have a better understanding of the locker demand for the semester, we ask that music majors wait until September 14 to request a second locker for their storage needs.
- Available to any current Ohio State student participating in School of Music classes or ensembles that require the student to provide his or her own instrument.
- Locker assignments are determined by the specific storage needs of the student’s primary instrument and students may apply for a second locker if the need is proven. Note that there may be limitations due to reduced locker inventory during the pandemic.
- Students are responsible for providing their own lock.
- Locker assignments are for no more than the current academic year and must be vacated by the first Monday after spring commencement.
- Summer Term — Students who are attending summer courses may apply for summer-only locker assignment by permission of the Instrument Room manager.
- Any locker that is found occupied without authorized assignment will be opened and the contents removed.
- The School of Music and The Ohio State University are not responsible for the loss of personal articles stored in School of Music lockers.
What may be stored in a School of Music locker
School of Music lockers are primarily for the storage of musical instruments and other personal property.
The following are prohibited:
- Food, drink or other perishable materials.
- Illegal articles including dangerous weapons, combustible and/or explosive devices.
Violation may result in the immediate termination of the Locker Agreement.
How to Apply
Apply for a School of Music locker by clicking DocuSign here. Complete all applicable fields in the Locker Preferences and Locker Agreement forms, electronically sign, and submit. If approved, you will receive your locker assignment via email from the Instrument Room manager.
For more information regarding the instrument room and locker policies, contact the Instrument Room manager at ASCfirstname.lastname@example.org.