Welcome to Audition Day
We are glad you have taken steps to audition for The Ohio State School of Music. We welcome you, and wish to make this day as educational and enjoyable as possible. Below you will find audition dates and information that will assist you with your visit to campus.
Visit Undergraduate Admissions Procedures for detailed instructions for admission to The Ohio State University and the School of Music.
Undergraduate Audition Dates for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Please check dates carefully when selecting your audition date. Audition dates occur in the same months as OMEA Solo and Ensemble contests. Your college audition is an all-day commitment. Please do not plan to participate in both activities on the same day. The remaining audition dates for 2017-2018 are:
- Saturday, January 28, 2017
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
A Typical Audition Day Schedule
Directions, Parking and Accommodations
- Dress for audition day can range from business casual to formal. You should look professional, yet feel comfortable.
- During the morning sessions, large instruments may be left in the main office of Weigel Hall, room 110.
- Coffee, tea, and bagels are provided during check-in.
- Lunch is on your own. While there are many local restaurants close to Weigel Hall, you may wish to bring your own lunch to simplify logistics and maximize warm-up time. See the link above for a list of restaurants.
- Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils for the Theory Placement Exam.
- In case of inclement weather or unavoidable travel delay, please take all the time that you need to arrive safely. If you miss the theory exam, you may arrange to take it during summer orientation. If a level 3 or above snow emergency is declared, audition day will be canceled and rescheduled. Travel safely!
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring Adobe Reader. If you need them in a more accessible format, please contact us.