The Ohio State University Marching Band Concert
TBDBITL Salutes its Season Halftime Shows and Director Jonathan Waters
The Ohio State University Marching Band presents its toe-tapping annual indoor concert at Veterans Memorial, 300 West Broad Street. The event showcases selections from Ohio State football halftime shows by The Best Damn Band in the Land, and will be conducted by newly-named director Jonathan Waters. Waters, who has been with the band for many years as assistant director, was named interim director following the retirement of Jon Woods last year.
Musical selections will be samples of tunes played on the field this season – including music from the popular Ohio State vs. Nebraska video game-themed halftime show, which went viral on YouTube and has received more than 14 million hits! Other halftime shows explored 50 years of the Beach Boys, funk!, one-hit wonders, a salute to John Glenn, the end of the world, and patriotic and classical themes.
All seats reserved.
- $20 general public
- $10 ConcertCard holders, senior citizens, Alumni Association members, non-OSU students, and children
- FREE to all Ohio State students, faculty and staff - 1 ticket per BuckID presented in person at the Ohio State Theatre Box Office, 1849 Cannon Drive, Monday through Friday 10 am–4 pm, or at the door. No phone orders for free tickets.
Note - since seats are reserved, free tickets must be obtained at the same time (one per BuckID presented) in order to sit together.
To reserve tickets and for more info call the Ohio State Theatre Box Office at (614) 292–2295.
Tickets for all School of Music concerts are available for advance sales through the Ohio State Theatre Box Office.
Tickets for School of Music events in Mershon Auditorium are only available through the Wexner Center for The Arts.
Call 614-292-3535 or visit tickets.wexarts.org.
Tickets for all events are also available at the event venue box office, one hour prior to performance.
Note: the Weigel Auditorium Box Office accepts cash or check only.
General Concerts and Student Ensembles
- $10 general public
- $5 senior citizens, Alumni Association members, non-OSU students & children
- Free to all Ohio State students, faculty and staff - 1 ticket per BuckID presented*
- Concerts in Weigel and Hughes Halls Free to ConcertCard holders
- $20 general public
- $10 ConcertCard holders, senior citizens, Alumni Association members, non-OSU students & children
- Free to all Ohio State students, faculty and staff - 1 ticket per BuckID presented
- Discounts available for ConcertCard holders
Student Recitals: Free!!
Concert programs are subject to change without notice. For specific event information visit the Event Calendar or call 614-247-7036
For more information visit the School of Music Box Office FAQs page.
- How can I avoid lines at the door and purchase tickets in advance?
- Are tickets available at the door?
- What is Reserved Seating?
- How can I obtain my Free ticket with my BuckID?
The OSU School of Music ConcertCard is the pinnacle of concert passes! Support the School of Music with the purchase of this special card, which allows admission for up to six people to all School of Music concerts in Weigel and Hughes Auditoriums, all year long. Also receive additional discounts on School of Music events in other venues and on OSU Theatre and Dance events.
ConcertCards are $100 and are available for advance purchase, with a credit card, by calling 614-292-7258.
Read more about the advantages of the School of Music ConcertCard.